Part Time Limited Term Faculty
Columbus State University
Columbus State University is inviting applications for part-time faculty pool positions for the Counselor Education program. Responsibilities include teaching face-to-face, hybrid, and/or online courses (Cultural Perspectives in Counseling, Group Techniques and Procedures, Seminar in Clinical Mental Health/School Counseling, Play Therapy, Crisis Intervention) and/or supervising master's level counselors-in-training in practicum and internship experiences. Counselor Education classes are offered at the Columbus State University River Park Campus.
Application submission to the part-time faculty pool is open to qualified and competent experts who possess skills, education, and experience in academic and/or professional areas. Applications for part-time faculty positions will be held in applicant pools, which, based on student enrollment, will be consulted when searching for candidates to fill the position on a semester-by-semester basis.
Part-time faculty positions offer the opportunity to assist a diverse group of master's-level students in achieving their educational goals, as it relates to the counseling profession. Assignments typically include evening (4:30- 7:15PM) classes. Responsibilities
- Follow approved syllabi and curriculum/course outline as provided by the College.
- Teach assigned face-to-face/hybrid/online course(s).
- Supervise counselors-in-training in the field, if applicable to course responsibilities.
- Present material in an engaging and positive fashion.
- Maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Respond to student communication and provide constructive and robust feedback in a timely manner based on rubrics provided.
- Support student success.
- Evaluate student progress.
- Reach out to students who are struggling or are high-risk.
- Supplement student material when needed.
- Refer students to appropriate college sources for information on counseling and other student services.
- Maintain student records and grades.
- Post grades within the prescribed deadlines.
- Adhere to and meet all established university and accreditation (CACREP; SACSCOC) instructional policies, guidelines and standards.
Master's degree in the field of study or a related discipline from an accredited institution and experience utilizing instructional technologies, including computers, internet resources and other appropriate media in instruction.Preferred Qualifications
For Clinical Mental Health Counselors, counseling experience at community-level settings and/or licensure is strongly preferred.
For School Counselors, school counseling experience and awareness of the ASCA National model is strongly preferred. Required Documents to Attach
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled. Applications for part-time and full-time faculty positions must include transcripts of all academic work, and official transcripts must be presented prior to campus visit if selected for interview. Applicants must have the ability to meet Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) requirements, in particular a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the teaching discipline. Columbus State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Committed to Diversity in Hiring. A successful criminal background check will be required as a condition of employment. Required Documents to Submit with Online Application:
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae w/references
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official transcripts from all institutions attended must be received prior to an offer being extended)
All applications and required documents must be submitted using the Columbus State University's online employment site. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of teaching methodologies/pedagogical strategies.
- Ability to provide instruction in a variety of formats (on ground, online, or hybrid).
- Familiarity with learning management systems.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others.
- Demonstrated student-centered orientation and ability to effectively work with persons of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, physical ability, and ethnic backgrounds.
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Office at 706-507-8920 or e-mail to [email protected]
. Equal Employment Opportunity
Columbus State University is committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a sense of belongingness for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Columbus State University to recruit, hire, train, promote, and educate persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Background Check
Successful completion of a criminal background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment is required.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=30000&JobOpeningId=234954&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency