Office Associate Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Job Summary Under general supervision, performs a variety of routine and non-routine clerical and administrative duties in support of an office or department. Work requires knowledge of departmental policies and procedures and decision-making within well-established guidelines.Responsibilities the responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Patient Education:
- Explains to clients what services the Ryan White Program can pay. Services are restricted to only HIV/AIDS related services. Other services become the financial responsibility of the patient.
- Provide patient education regarding rights and responsibilities, grievance procedures, and financial obligations
- Provides administrative clinical support to AU Ryan White Program supported activities.
- Participates in new/return patient intake process and maintains AU Ryan White Program document requirements.
- Collaborates with other healthcare providers and health system administrators in order to optimize medical outcomes.
- Under direction of the Clinical Support Manager, helps to increase linkage to care.
- Performs other job duties and responsibilities as required.
- Determines financial eligibility of patients for HIV/AIDS services that are authorized for payment by the Ryan White Program.
- Must calculate the Federal Poverty Level, using annual federal guidelines for each patient of =< than 100%; 101-200%; 201-300% and >300%.
- Must maintain records for federal and state audits. These calculations determine level of charges a patient may be charged within a calendar year.
- Semi Annually, verify each Ryan White clients' annual income. Income must be verified through patient's pay stubs, tax forms, notarized statement of certain income, letter from employer, bank statements or other methods that will verify current income.
- Patient Assistance:
- Provides referrals to MCGHI Financial Counselors (FC) to determine Indigent Care Trust Fund (ICTF) eligibility.
- After the income verification process is complete, some low income/no income patients may be eligible for financial assistance through the ICTF.
- The FC will refer these patients to MCGHI Financial counselors for final determination of eligibility of services.
Required Qualifications Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent from a recognized State or Federal accrediting organization with a minimum of three years experience performing secretarial/clerical assistant duties in an office settingKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook and working knowledge of AU and BOR policies and procedures
Shift/Salary/Benefits Shift: Mon-Fri/Day Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 10/5/21 - Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond. Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.