Clinton, NYOpen Date:
Oct 5, 2021Description:
Responsible for developing, monitoring, coordinating and implementing the college-wide transportation scheduling for students' needs (other than varsity athletics). The position has responsibilities over students who operate college owned, leased and rented passenger vehicles, including education, training and evaluation of prospective operators. Distributes and tracks parking permits sold and/or given to staff, faculty and students. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing alternative transportation as needed as well as developing and presenting a safety education program to students, faculty and staff.
- Reviews, approves, and revises transportation requests to ensure efficiency and to reduce costs. Maintains student operators’ accountability throughout the College. Conducts vehicle inspections, maintenance, assesses training needs and schedules for appropriate action.
- Leads, directs, guides and monitors the work of van operators and relief operators. Responds to requests for assistance by troubleshooting and providing solutions to driver-related issues. Assesses training needs and facilitates ongoing training to ensure maximum effectiveness. Orients staff and students to department policies and procedures
- Resolves operational challenges related to vehicle, shuttles and sale of parking permits. Investigates situations and complaints, and recommends solutions.
- Aids in the planning, research, development, and implementation of department policies and procedures.
- Collects, analyzes and reports statistical data regarding the operation of the department vehicles. Makes planning recommendations based upon statistical reporting.
- Develops, maintains, and instructs a Vehicle Safety and Certification Program for all students who will utilize any College owned, leased or rented vehicle.
- Submits Information to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles to complete motor vehicle records checks on all students who will operate College owned, leased or rented vehicles
- Maintains records on all students who operate College owned, leased or rented vehicles.
- Maintains records on vehicles' maintenance, registrations, and inspections. Coordinates with Facilities Management to have required services completed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma. Two years of college level course work in the area of public administration, business administration, urban or transportation planning or related field. Related experience may substitute for the college level coursework on a year-for-year basis. Three years of parking and/or transportation experience, one of which must have been in a key administrative support role.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge in alternative transportation options.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service standards and principles.
- Knowledge of current traffic, parking and transportation issues.
- Applicable local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of departmental processes and procedures.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team.
- Leading, training and coordinating the work of others in a team environment.
- Strong computer base knowledge. Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, and typing skills.
- Familiarity with organizing and maintaining records.
- Work with multiple priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Maintain effective working relationships.
- Evaluate the needs of customers and create effective schedules that optimize customer ridership.
- Effectively evaluate a situation or issue and develop sound working solutions.
- Effectively communicate both in writing and verbally.
- Meet college expectations regarding customer service.
- Perform assigned tasks efficiently and accurately and create and maintain accurate records.
- Work with parking system equipment and software.
- Remain calm under high pressure/difficult situations.
Please submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.