Assistant Men's Basketball Coach/Facilities Assistant
Athletics and Physical Education
Duration of Position:
Academic year / Full time
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar is deeply committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, diversity and inclusiveness. Vassar seeks to create a pluralistic community for all staff, faculty and students. Vassar College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, and applications from women, individuals with disabilities and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.Note: Vassar College has a universal vaccination policy requiring a COVID-19 vaccination for all employees except for those exempt for medical or religious reasons.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Vassar College invites applications for the position of Assistant Men's Basketball Coach/Facilities Assistant. This is a benefit-eligible, ten-month position. The individual will report to the Head Men's Basketball Coach and the Associate Athletics Director for Facilities and Events. Weekend, holiday, early morning and/or late evening hours are required.Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will assist the head coach in all aspects of a competitive and inclusive NCAA Division III men's basketball program including, but not limited to:
- On-court instruction for practices and games,
- Creation of practice plans,
- Player and team development,
- Academic monitoring,
- Game strategies and competitive coaching,
- Scouting opponents and game film preparation/video exchange,
- Recruitment and retention of qualified student-athletes,
- Budget management,
- Team travel,
- Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities for facilities and events include: Assisting the Associate Director of Athletics for Facilities & Events in the administration of all departmental facilities, uniforms and equipment, and event management, including but not limited to:
Starting Date: As soon as possible
- Game site management including pre-game set-up and cleanup for home athletics contests and oversight and training of student workers,
- Assistance with laundry and equipment during break periods,
- Occasional building and desk supervision of the Athletics & Fitness Center (AFC),
- Identifying maintenance and repairs items as necessary,
- Other facilities duties as assigned.
Vassar College athletics programs are conducted in compliance with policies, procedures and regulations of Vassar College, the NCAA and the Liberty League.
- Bachelor’s degree and coaching and/or playing experience at the collegiate level.
- Knowledge and compliance with NCAA and league rules and regulations.
- Certification in CPR, AED and First Aid is necessary but can be obtained through Vassar College as needed.
- A valid driver’s license and the successful result of a background check are mandatory.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two or more years of relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and written/oral communication skills as well as a demonstrated commitment to the Division III philosophy.
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format. For additional information please visit Vassar at www.vassar.edu. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/2240.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency