Custodian Tracking Code734-280 Job Description
To perform a wide range of custodial tasks involving the use of cleaning equipment and materials. The successful candidate will perform basic custodial duties at various College facilities and other work as required.
- Clean and sanitize all restroom fixtures; restock supplies; ensure all restroom fixtures are working and report those in need of repair.
- Sweep, mop, strip, seal, and finish floors.
- Vacuum and clean offices, dorms, common areas, elevators, i.e., washing, dusting, and polishing all furniture, light fixtures, vents, etc.
- Vacuum and clean entrance walk-off mats and carpets.
- Sweep and mop all stairwells, landings, and handrails.
- Remove graffiti.
- Wash out all trash receptacles and ashtrays.
- Wash walls, windows, doors, woodwork, lights, grid-work, mirrors, elevators, water fountains, and thresholds as directed.
- Provide a report of any needed equipment repair or unsafe conditions.
- Plan and implement projects as assigned.
- May operate power machinery, i.e., high-speed burnishing machine, single disk rotary machine, pressure washer, wet/dry vacuums, and buffers needed to maintain appearance of facilities.
- Maintains a collaborative work environment and works well with others.
- Perform other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
- Full-time/ 40-hours per week.
High school diploma or GED preferred, reading and writing ability at ninth-grade level required; supplemented by two (2) years of experience in and knowledge of the operating techniques of various cleaning machinery, tools and materials; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the University community. Must be able to understand and follow through with oral and written instructions, and to work independently. Must be able to lift objects weighing as much as 50 lbs. May require a valid Florida Class E driver’s license. Subject to on-call status as needed or on-call status/recall in the event of emergencies or natural disasters affecting the College of Law. Works to build an environment that promotes and facilitates the success of Diversity and Inclusive Excellence. Experience with Outlook Email, preferred.
Proof of completed COVID-19 Vaccination Required.
Job Location Gulfport, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular