Applications are being accepted for a full-time Buildings & Grounds Maintenance Technician at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac campus. This position's duties involve work requiring the capability of performing a skilled level in several of the building trades. Work is often independently performed, but may involve leading other buildings and grounds staff while assisting Maintenance Mechanics on projects as necessary.
Beginning: October 2021
1. Make periodic inspections of building and grounds to diagnose potential problems and to take necessary action for the prevention of damage or interruption of service. Report conditions to immediate supervisor.
2. Assist and/or perform preventative maintenance (P.M.s.) on major equipment.
3. Operate facilities related systems such as the Building Energy Management System, Work Order and Asset Management Systems.
4. Repair and remodel facilities to include carpentry/framing, drywall, painting, wall coverings, suspended ceilings, flooring and the moving of furniture and equipment.
5. Landscape work to include tree-trimming, pruning, spraying/weeding, planting, paving and other landscaping tasks as necessary. Operate lawn and landscape equipment and snow removal equipment.
6. Exterior building maintenance including masonry repairs, asphalt maintenance, painting, sheet metal work, roofing repairs and other tasks as necessary.
7. Operate and perform a variety of maintenance functions on college motor-vehicles and housekeeping equipment.
8. Maintain organization and cleanliness within the warehouse office, shipping and receiving area and surplus/storage area consistent with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental standards.
9. Assemble and install furniture and cabinets. Assist in office moves and room/event setups. Coordinate with Purchasing Manager for the disposition of excess/surplus inventory on College’s third part auction site.
10. Assist with shipping and receiving duties, as requested.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required. Completion of a trade’s apprenticeship program and additional trade certifications are preferred.
2. Four years of experience in building and grounds maintenance or within a building trade such as carpentry, plumbing, heating, air conditioning and refrigeration, welding or electrical work. Experience with commercial flooring, ceiling and roofing work is preferred. Forklift experience preferred; certification within 6 months of employment will be required.
3. Any combination of equivalent training and experience which provides desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
4. Ability to work with others and to communicate in a team environment.
5. Thorough knowledge of and ability to operate building & grounds maintenance equipment, tools, and procedures.
6. Experience in several of the building trades skills such as carpentry, plumbing, heating and air conditioning, welding and electrical work.
7. Ability to recognize, diagnose, and correct mechanical problems. Ability to operate, adjust, repair and control mechanical apparatus found in building operations.
8. Knowledge of computer operations to include experience with energy management systems.
9. Ability to plan and develop appropriate work methods and procedures to accomplish difficult or specialized projects.
10. Ability to perform physical labor including properly lifting 25 lbs. consistently, up to 80 lbs. individually, and 80+ lbs. with assistance. Also able to identify what type and when to utilize mechanical lifting assistance such as hand cart, pallet jack, or fork lift.
11. Ability to climb stairs, ladders, scaffolding, operate various types of lifts and reach above head in order to work on projects and complete work performed on interior and exterior of campus buildings.
12. Physical ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time. Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, twist and crawl.
13. Ability to perform duties within extreme hot and cold temperature ranges, dusty and dirty work environments to complete job assignments.
14. Ability to use hand carts and pallet trucks.
15. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
16. Must possess a valid Wisconsin Driver License, with the ability to pass MPTC’s insurance carrier criteria.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Short Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program