Assistant Professor / Associate ProfessorPosition Number :
932008Vacancy Open to :
All Candidates Department :
AAH Human Develo and Family ScienceDepartment Homepage :
https://hhp.ecu.edu/hdfs/Advertising Department :
HUMAN DEVELOPMENT AND FAMILY SCIENCEDivision :
Academic AffairsClassification Title :
Assistant Professor/Associate ProfessorWorking Title :
Assistant Professor/Associate ProfessorNumber of Vacancies :
1Full Time Equivalent (FTE) :
1.0Full Time or Part Time :
Full TimeRecruitment Range:
Commensurate with QualificationsPosition Location (City) :
Faculty (Teaching)Job Category :
Faculty (Teaching)Organizational Unit Overview:
The Department of Human Development and Family Science is one of eight departments in the College of Health and Human Performance. It has approximately 550 full-time students and 120 licensure-only students enrolled in one of four undergraduate programs: family and community services, birth-kindergarten teacher education, family and consumer sciences education, and child life. An additional 85 students are enrolled in one of three master’s programs: human development and family science, birth-kindergarten teacher education, marriage and family therapy, or a Ph.D. program in medical family therapy. The department houses the Nancy W. Darden Child Development Center, the Redditt House: Medical Family Therapy Research Academy, and the ECU Family Therapy Clinic. See http://www.ecu.edu/cs-hhp/hdfs/index.cfm for more information about the department, college, and university. Job Duties :
The Department of Human Development and Family Science (HDFS) at East Carolina University (ECU) invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the assistant, or associate level in the program area of Family and Community Services (FCS) starting August, 2022. Review of applications will begin November 15, 2021 and continue until the position has been filled. Teach undergraduate and graduate courses; supervise graduate work; develop and maintain an active research program; secure external funding, and provide service to the profession, community, and university.Minimum Education/Experience :
Contingent upon availability of funding.
Applicants must hold a Ph.D. in family science, family studies, human development, or a closely related field of study (such as but not limited to child development). ABD candidates are eligible to apply and will be initially appointed with the probationary term rank of Assistant Professor and must have the terminal degree conferred prior to their first reappointment. Qualifying degrees must be received from regionally accredited institutions. License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation :
N/APreferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education :
In addition, candidates with agency or non-profit experiences involving family life education and early intervention would be ideal. Research and teaching experiences from a strengths-based perspective in one or more areas of family life education (e.g., interpersonal relationships, sexuality, family law and policy) including a focus on community is desired.Special Instructions to Applicant :
Candidates holding the certification in family life education (CFLE) through the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) are preferred.
• Application screening begins November 2021 and will continue until position is filled.Additional Instructions to Applicant:
• In order to apply, candidates must submit the following materials online at www.jobs.ecu.edu:
1) Cover letter addressing position description and briefly summarizes your education relative to the position. Also, we invite candidates to include how they can contribute to a culture of diversity, inclusion, and equity.
2) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
3) A list of three references with contact information who can attest to your teaching, research, potential for securing funding, and service in higher education.
4) copy of transcript from all graduate education programs from colleges/universities attended.
• As part of the screening process, the references provided may be contacted.
At the time of employment two to three original letters of reference, official transcripts, a criminal background check, and proper documentation of identity and employability are required. Applicants must complete a candidate profile by creating an account (see “Create Account” by following link below) online via the PeopleAdmin system (https://ecu.peopleadmin.com)
• Please be aware that if selected as a candidate of choice, an automatic e-mail will be sent to the individuals entered by the applicant in the References section of the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system.
• Letters of reference submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system will be verified and considered towards meeting this requirement.
• For letters of reference not submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system, please have the original signed letters mailed to Lee Gaylord (HDFS 932008) East Carolina University, College of Health and Human Performance 1000 East 5th Street, Rivers West 238 Mail stop 505, Greenville, NC 27858
• Salary is competitive and commensurate with achievement and experience. It is expected that this position will begin August 2022
• For further information, please contact: Eboni J. Baugh, Ph.D., CFLE, CDP Search Committee Chair Associate Professor and Family and Community Services Program CoordinatorDepartment of Human Development and Family Science College of Health and Human Performance 336 Rivers Building East Carolina University Greenville, NC 27858-4353 [email protected]252-328-5714
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.Job Open Date :
10/04/2021Open Until Filled:
YesInitial Screening Begins :
Associate Professor, Assistant ProfessorQuick Link for Direct Access to Posting :
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.Eligibility for Employment :
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or [email protected].
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Office of Human Resources Contact Information :
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to [email protected] Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.