University of Idaho
Assistant Professor Sport and Exercise Psychology
College of Education, Health & Human Sciences
Commensurate with Experience
The University of Idaho’s Department of Movement Sciences and the College of Education, Health and Human Sciences are pleased to announce the availability of a full-time 9-month tenure track assistant professor faculty position in Exercise, Sport, and Health Sciences (ESHS) with a focus in Sport and Exercise Psychology. We are seeking a dynamic educator to teach and develop undergraduate and graduate courses in sport and exercise psychology, applied sport psychology, and other related topics within our curriculum. The faculty member is expected to maintain a focused line of scholarly inquiry supported by external funding that is aligned with the healthy active lifestyles mission of the department. Advising (undergraduate and graduate), service (recruitment, retention, accreditation) and outreach for the program, department, university and in community/industry collaborations are expected.
Qualified applicants will provide evidence of:
(1) a PhD/EdD (or successful degree completion by August 13, 2022) in Sport and Exercise Psychology, Exercise Science or closely related field;
(2) potential for scholarly productivity in sport and exercise psychology that is aligned with healthy active lifestyles;
(3) potential to acquire external funding; and
(4) university teaching experience in sport and exercise psychology or other closely aligned curriculum.
(1) experience in interdisciplinary and collaborative research;
(2) experience mentoring and advising undergraduate and graduate students;
(3) development of coursework (online and face-to-face) for graduate and undergraduate programs;
(4) ability to teach courses within our curriculum (e.g., physical activity, wellness and behavior change; exercise motivation and adherence; exercise and health psychology); and
(5) excellent communication skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
Application review will begin November 1, 2021, and will continue until a suitable applicant pool is identified.
Materials: Applicants should complete the online application at: https://uidaho.peopleadmin.com/postings/33263
Include (1) letter of application specifically addressing the candidate’s experience related to the required and preferred qualifications, (2) current curriculum vitae, (3) 1-page maximum research statement that describes the candidate’s scholarly focus and alignment with healthy, active lifestyles, (4) 1-page maximum teaching philosophy, (5) unofficial transcripts, (6) statement on diversity and inclusion (Under Other Document 1), and (7) names and contact information for three references. Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets required qualifications.
For more detailed information please contact Dr. Chantal Vella, Search Committee Chair, at (208) 885-2189 or [email protected]
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency