Cottleville, MO, USA Pay Rate:
Commensurate with experience Pay Type:
Hourly Employment Type:
Project-based, Part-time Staff
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, in the heart of growing St. Charles County. At St. Charles Community College, we have a passion for student success. We serve a growing diverse student population, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff who will help prepare our students for a global society. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated success in serving diverse student populations.
The Corporate & Community Development Department at St. Charles Community College is seeking a part-time, Project-Based AEL Instructor. The instructor will be responsible for preparing for, instructing, and managing a class of adult learners studying English at different ability levels. Candidate should have strong English grammar skills and confidence in teaching grammar, vocabulary, workforce concepts and employability skills to students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instructs adult English language learners in the areas of reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Works cooperatively with other agencies to prepare appropriate students for transition to post-secondary education or workforce training.
- Plans and conducts group instructional activities to begin and end at posted class times. Prepares materials for volunteers and provides homework for students
- Plans individual, small group, and large group instructional activities based on individual student needs.
- Documents lesson plans and teaching strategies on Lesson Plan Overview.
- A Bachelor's degree.
- Adult Education and Literacy certification required; this certification can be provided by SCC for the right candidate.
- Previous adult education/literacy experience preferred.
- Previous ESL teaching experience preferred.
Applicants: This is a project-based and grant funded. Experience will be considered.
Hours: Wednesday evenings 6-9pm, possibility of Monday and Tuesday mornings, 9am to noon
St. Charles Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.