Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
Lynn is one of the top colleges to work for in the nation, according to a survey by the Great College to Work For program. We are an Honor Roll institution with accolades in 10 categories, including compensation and benefits, confidence in senior leadership, job satisfaction and support, and teaching environment.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. The College of Arts and Sciences is currently accepting applications for the position of Adjunct Faculty, Dialogues. The Dialogues is an internationally recognized, innovative, and interdisciplinary core curriculum that blends collaborative in-class discussions and activities with real world experience. The college seeks applicants whose academic and practical experiences will interface strongly with the Dialogues of Quantitative Reasoning. The college requires adjunct faculty to teach courses at our campus in Boca Raton, Florida. Our on-campus undergraduate classes are conducted every day Monday through Thursday, in 2.5-hour class sessions, for a four-week term.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach courses in accordance with college guidelines
- Participate in the college's assessment program of student performance
- Timely response to student questions and concerns
- Timely submission of university reports and requirements, such as attendance, grades, and student progress reports
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Candidates must be proficient with using technology for instructional delivery, such as learning management systems (e.g. Canvas) and presentation software (e.g. PowerPoint)
- Candidates must have an appreciation of different learning styles to incorporate into their instructional delivery
- Candidates must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Candidates must have an earned master's degree or higher in an area of mathematics or a discipline appropriate to the position. Candidates who have an earned master's degree in business administration or another discipline that is quantitative in nature are not appropriate for this position. Preference may be given to applicants who hold a doctorate degree in a discipline appropriate to the position and/or applicants with interdisciplinary teaching experience
- All degrees must have been completed at a regionally accredited institution
Completed applications will be reviewed upon receipt for match to potential needs. Only completed applications will be reviewed, which must include a short cover letter, resume or CV with detailed academic credentials, and copies of all college transcripts. Before an applicant is approved to teach, three letters of reference and official transcripts will also be required.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn University
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.