Independent Colleges of Indiana (ICI) is seeking a new President & CEO to provide outstanding leadership for public policy advocacy, collaborative programs, strategic communications, research initiatives, and scholarship administration on behalf of the 29 private (independent) non-profit institutions of higher education in the state. For a complete presidential profile, visit https://www.icindiana.org/ici_seeks_president/.
Independent Colleges of Indiana (ICI), a not-for-profit corporation, is a membership association of Indiana’s regionally-accredited, degree-granting, not-for-profit private colleges and universities. ICI’s mission is to promote the health and autonomy of its member colleges. ICI’s strategic priorities are, in order, public advocacy, strategic collaborations, and grant administration. Research and communications support these priorities.
The governance of ICI rests with its board of directors, consisting of the presidents of the member institutions and other leaders from Indiana’s business and policy arenas. ICI Center is located in the heart of Indianapolis with a staff of nine professionals, working as a collaborative and cross-functional team.
The governing board of Independent Colleges of Indiana desires a strong inspirational leader and strategic thinker who will celebrate and promote the academic diversity and strength of its 29 member institutions and:
• Is a person of high integrity and character and an energetic, collaborative leader;
• Has strong communication skills; is an effective writer; and is a thoughtful, articulate spokesperson for the organization and its members;
• Possesses significant senior level administrative higher education experience; is an accomplished professional inside or outside of higher education; understands the most important issues affecting private higher education in Indiana;
• Fosters a culture of responsive and quality service to ICI members and other stakeholders; a history of solving complex problems;
• Engages actively at the national level in various higher education organizations in order to represent and promote the interests and influence of ICI colleges and universities;
• Has a background in public policy advocacy in higher education or related area;
• Holds a terminal degree (JD, PhD, EdD, MFA, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution;
• Embodies many of the following characteristics: bridge-builder, self-starter, quick-study, consensus-builder, decision-maker; and
• Promotes staff development and accountability through effective hiring, promotion, and training.
For more information go to https://www.icindiana.org/ici_seeks_president/