Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an IT Technical Apple/Windows (Technical Craft Specialist A)
position. The IT Technician Apple/Windows (Technical Craft Specialist A) certified support technician is responsible for providing IT technical support to faculty, staff and students campus-wide. While providing exceptional customer service, this position resolves support service requests via telephone, email, walk-in, or via remote desktop control; and filters, articulates, logs, and/or escalates more complex issues to the appropriate support level(s). Analyzes and performs repairs, installations, deskside support, and maintenance of computer hardware and software. This position also performs advanced problem recognition, research, isolation, and resolution steps for all client requests for technology services support and communicates efficient and effective feedback to all clients requesting assistance and is responsible for travel from main campus to the regional centers, moving equipment between rooms/sites and the tracking of inventory information for equipment and help desk support.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• High school diploma, or its equivalent (GED) required.
• At least five (5) years direct experience supporting Apple/Mac personal computers, mobile/tablet devices, and mobile applications in a professional work environment using IOS, MS Windows, and the MS Office Suite of applications for both Windows or Apple/Mac.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service and professionalism is required.
• Demonstrated commitment to detail and follow-through.
• ACMT (Apple Certified Macintosh technician) and A + certification are required.
• Working knowledge or direct experience with cloud-based SaaS products and security (ideally JAMF, SysAid/Remedy, Idaptive, Adobe Creative Cloud, G-Suite, AWS). Preferred Qualifications
• Associate's Degree, or equivalent coursework, is preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• At least two (2) years' experience working with JamF, Adobe Creative Cloud, and AWS are preferred.
• Microsoft MCTA or MCSA certification preferred.
• Industry-standard technical certifications on Dell computers and peripherals are preferred.
• Experience working with and supporting Mac OS and solving computer/mobile device-related problems (Apple Genius experience is a plus).
• Experience installing and configuring hardware/software is preferred.
• Experience with Apple Macintosh is preferred.