Faculty/Academic StaffMajor Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Social ScienceDepartment:
Economics 10038238Sub Area:
FAS- Fac./Acad StaffSalary:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceLocation:
Education/Training, Research/Scientific, Tenure System Faculty, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union
Asc/Full Professor of Economics Tenure System
Michigan State University actively promotes a dynamic research and learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue academic goals with mutual respect and shared inquiry.
The Department of Economics is seeking a senior scholar to become its third Frederick S. Addy Distinguished Chair of Economics. This endowed position includes an academic appointment in the Department at the level of full or associate professor, a nationally competitive salary, and a fund for research expenses. The scholar must have a distinguished record of research. While any field within economics will be considered, priority will be placed on candidates doing research in areas of applied microeconomics, particularly development and industrial organization. Candidates with well-established records of sponsored research and/or records of obtaining grant funding will be preferred. The successful candidate will also have demonstrated a dedication to undergraduate teaching and an ability to inspire students with his or her enthusiasm for the discipline of economics. The holder of the Addy Chair will be expected to teach at least one undergraduate class per year and be actively involved in undergraduate education.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Doctorate -Economics or related field
- A doctorate degree in economics or related field.
- The scholar we are seeking must have a distinguished record of research.
- Successful candidates will also have a demonstrated dedication to and a passion for undergraduate teaching, and an ability to inspire students with his or her enthusiasm for the discipline of economics.
- While any field within economics will be considered, priority will be placed on candidates doing research in areas of applied microeconomics, particularly development and industrial organization.
- Candidates with well-established records of sponsored research and/or records of obtaining grant funding will be preferred.
Required Application Materials
All applications must include
- CV (that includes a list of grants received, including the funding amounts and sponsored research);
- Cover letter;
- List of at least three references (names and emails only);
- List of publications and/or up to two working papers in pdf format hyperlinked to articles;
- A statement on teaching; and
- A statement on contributions to diversity
Together-we-will StatementThe university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
All applicants must apply online. Please go to http://econ.msu.edu/about/job.php for instructions on applying. Questions should be directed to [email protected]
Applications will be reviewed on October 26, 2021, and will continue until filled.
Review of Applications Begins On
The mission of the Department of Economics at Michigan State University consists of three interrelated components: providing the highest quality instruction to our undergraduate and graduate students, conducting leading-edge research in economics, and providing leadership and service to our professional communities. As a unit in a major land-grant university, we are committed to excel in all three components of our mission.
MSU is also pro-active in exploring opportunities for employment for dual career couples, both inside and outside the University. Information about MSU's dual career support can be found at http://miwin.msu.edu/.
Michigan State University is located in East Lansing, MI, with easy access to the state capital, Lake Michigan, and award-winning school districts. Candidates are invited to learn more about our department, faculty, and students by visiting http://econ.msu.edu/.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Oct 4, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 4, 2023 Eastern Daylight Time