LMS Support Administrator-search reopenedUnion:
Non ExemptPosition Summary:
The LMS Support Administrator serves as the primary administrator for the learning management system and other instructional technology platforms. The LMS Support Administrator provides professional development and support to faculty, staff, and students for the effective use of instructional technology that promotes student success in online, hybrid, and seated classes. Reporting and Supervisory Relationships:
The LMS Support Administrator is part of the Department of Online Learning.
Direct reporting relationship to the Manager of Online Learning.Essential Responsibilities:
1. Serves as primary System Administrator for Desire 2 Learn (D2L) learning management system and other instructional technology platforms. Other Duties and Responsibilities:
2. Coordinates with vendors in applying updates and system patches as well as resolution of system issues.
3. Coordinates with faculty and vendors to integrate External Learning Tools (LTIs) and provide support, documentation, and professional development.
4. Provides day-to-day support and troubleshooting for faculty, staff, and students by responding to tickets through emails and the college’s ticketing system.
5. Develops and conducts one on one, small group, or large group training sessions on a variety of instructional technologies.
6. Produces documentation and training material in response to instructional needs.
7. Assists faculty in developing course content that is in accordance with WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines, copyright laws, and other laws concerning the distribution and use of resources.
8. Assists faculty in the development of ADA compliant course content and application of assistive technologies to support student learning.
9. Assists faculty and students with multimedia and digital media.
10. Provides data and support for quality assurance and assessment to faculty and academic departments.
11. Stays informed about the current state of and future advances in instructional technology.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Position may require availability during some evenings. Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
2. Position may require service on college committees and ad hoc teams.
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather conditions, Work is sedentary in nature and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently/constantly in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Employee must be able to stand for long periods of time while conducting trainings.Minimum Qualifications:
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or Information Technology. Salary:
2. Experience with administering Desire2Learn (D2L) or other learning management systems.
3. Previous work experience in an educational setting.
4. Communication and consultative skills to be able to apply these skills with faculty and staff at all educational levels.
5. Must be detail-oriented, have excellent time management and organizational skills and be able to effectively lead and execute projects and initiatives.
6. Must be able to work both independently and be a team player.
7. Must have a demonstrated broad knowledge of instructional technology tools and their use in teaching and learning.
minimum starting-$45,752Posting Date:
10/22/2021Open Until Filled: