Assistant Professor, Clinical PsychologyAgency
Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
College Of Liberal ArtsProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
The Department of Psychology & Sociology at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi (TAMU-CC) invites applications for a 9-month, tenure-track Assistant Professor in Clinical Psychology beginning fall of 2022. Successful candidates will be expected to teach a variety of courses at the undergraduate level (e.g., courses in abnormal psychology, personality psychology) and master's level (e.g., courses in psychotherapy, multiculturalism, assessment, psychopharmacology) as well as courses in their area of specialization consistent with departmental needs. In addition, successful candidates will be expected to have an active research program that includes mentoring undergraduate and graduate student research, provide clinical supervision to master's level students, and actively engage in service to the department, college, university, and profession.
The Psychology programs are among the largest in the College of Liberal Arts, with approximately 475 majors, 150 minors, and 40 graduate students. The department has a commitment to diversity as a key means of enhancing teaching and learning. In addition, the department has an increasing focus on research and seeks candidates interested in pursuing external funding and involving students in research, including supervising master's thesis students in our Clinical Psychology MA program.
For more information on our programs visit our website at: https://www.tamucc.edu/liberal-arts/departments/psychology-sociology/index.php
- Earned doctorate in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from an APA accredited program. Advanced ABD will be considered; degree must be conferred by the time of appointment.
- Be license eligible as a psychologist in the state of Texas at the time of appointment.
- Research, teaching, and/or clinical interests with a broadly defined health or diversity focus that contributes to the department's developing research focus in these areas.
- Licensed as a psychologist, preferably in the state of Texas.
TO APPLY: https://www.tamucc.edu/human-resources/careers
All required documentation must be submitted to be considered for the position.
A completed application will include:
1. A letter of application addressing the qualifications listed.
2. A curriculum vitae.
3. A two to three page statement of teaching philosophy, experience, and effectiveness.
4. A two to three page description of research program including how the research might be conducted at TAMU-CC.
5. Three professional references including name, address, title, telephone number, and email addresses - including a previous or current supervisor.
6. Copies of unofficial transcripts of graduate coursework.
The job posting will remain open until a finalist has been selected. Applicants are encouraged to apply by Friday, November 5, 2021.
Questions about the position should be directed to the Department Chair, Dr. Amy Houlihan, at 361-825-2971 or [email protected]
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Assistant-Professor--Clinical-Psychology_R-042489
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency