01-Oct-2021 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Public Health.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.Job Summary
Teach graduate level courses to students matriculating through MPH program as well as update and develop assigned courses and supervise Field Experience and/or Thesis Research. Strong history of Grantsmanship as well as ability to serve on departmental, college and University-wise committees, conduct public health research and professional development as well as assist Program Coordinator with off-site education and outreach.Duties and Responsibilities
Teach graduate level public health courses via web-hybrid format (70% online/30% traditional classroom settingsQualifications
- Supervise Field Experience and Thesis Research students both in lab and off-site
- Secure external funding for support of the MPH program
- Serve on committees at the level of Department, College and University as requested
- Assist Program Coordinator with Academic Advising as needed
- Engage in public health related research and publishing
- Provide community outreach regarding public health to existing and identified communities
- Assist Program Coordinator with off-site teaching and recruitment
- Earned doctorate in one of the following: public health, community health, environmental health, occupational health and safety or health sciences from n accredited College or University
- 2 years of on-line/traditional face-to-face teaching experience
- Online teaching using D2L, Web-CT, Blackboard and Canvas; Knowledge of Excel, Word, and Power-point, SPSS, SAS, and other statistical tools.
- Knowledge of public health in regards to environmental health as well as agriculture and epidemiology
- Ability to formulate public health theory into hands-on practice within communities and classrooms.
- Understanding of the Land Grant Mission as well as HBCU's in regards to community assistance and support as relates to public health
- Professional certification (CHES, etc.) desired but not essential
- Regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, and so forth.
- Travel required: Occasional overnight travel for recruitment and instructional purposes
- Evening/night/weekend work – As program is web-hybrid and much communication is done via e-mail and within D2L, instructors are expected to monitor their courses daily including weekends as this is a web-hybrid program. Courses are taught at night from 6-9 M-Th with some Saturday courses that run 9-3. Instructors must maintain 20 hours of on-site hours within the Dept.
- Working outdoors – Occasional recruitment activities require being outdoors, but not in inclement weather. Required to work with students who are engaged in Thesis research which at times may be out of doors
Applicants should be able to lift 30 pounds easily, sit for long periods, stand for long period and walk easily.Direct reports
This person will not be in a position of supervisory capability to other employees. However they may supervise Thesis or Field Experience master level students in their Capstone activities.The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the incumbent will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com