Production Manager (Historic Asolo Theater) Sarasota, FL Location:
Sarasota, FL Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. Want to learn more about The Ringling?
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Flickr | Pinterest | YouTube
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email [email protected] or call 941-359-5700 (ext. 1-2605).
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
The production manager for Historic Asolo Theater (HAT) is responsible for coordination and oversight of all theater operations and performances. This role also serves as the technical director for the Art of Performance program at The Ringling.
- Coordinates technical and production equipment and programming needs for the Art of Performance series, productions with community partners and local projects such as Artist Series and Summer Circus Spectacular, and select rentals. Conducts logistical and budget analysis of technical riders for proposed productions and engagements of the Art of Performance series and collaborates with the Curator of Performance to determine feasibility of projects and finalize technical budgets and artist contracts.
- Recruits, contracts, and supervises technical crews to facilitate production load-in/out, technical installations and rehearsals, and stage management. Schedules program and production technical coverage as needed. Serves as point of contact for contracted personnel on technical issues. Responsible for communication and in-situ communication with technical staff and crew of guest artists and companies to facilitate smooth execution of production programming. Supervises part-time staff and interns in support of theater operations.
- Communicates with Front of House Manager and other key staff regarding contractual needs of artists companies, performance and rehearsal schedules, set-design considerations, etc. to ensure smooth operation of each performance. Collaborates with internal and external partners in the production of events taking place in the Historic Asolo Theater, such as lectures, artist talks, museum staff programs and trainings and circus related events programmed by other departments within the museum. May operate technical components such as sound lighting and stage tech and support of these events. Oversees technical execution of On Screen film series, including testing of films and ensuring quality of sound and image during projection. Coordinates with Performance team to plan for staffing of all scheduled On Screen events.
- Develops production plan for physical, fiscal, and personnel resources for performance programming and theater operations and assists in preparation and manages all production budgets; ensures proper and timely payment of invoices related to each performance of invoices related to each performance technical staffing needs. In collaboration with the Curator of Performance and Performance team, works directly with renters of the theater on matters involving accounting, contracts and insurance certificates.
- Manages all technical and production equipment and programming needs for the Historic Asolo Theater (HAT). Oversees HAT maintenance including making recommendations for theater maintenance budget and purchasing and installation of equipment. Plans, schedules and coordinates equipment maintenance including working with Conservation on large scale maintenance needs and preservation of the space. Recommends, interprets, and enforces theater and equipment care policies as well as backstage procedures and practices. Coordinates archival recordings of performances as needed.
Qualifications A Bachelor's degree and 4 years of experience or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to 8 years. (Note: Post-high school education may substitute for required experience at the comparable rate.)
Possession of a valid Florida driver’s license or the ability to obtain prior to hire. Ability to meet physical requirements as determined by position including bending/twisting, climbing/descending stairs, traversing cat walk, and standing and walking for extended periods. Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of theatre layout, production, and stage management. Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures. Knowledge of applicable lighting systems, sound production, and special effects.
Experience with ETG Lighting Console and Yamaha sound console equipment.Experience with film projection.Knowledge of carpentry basics.Experience with multidisciplinary presenting (dance, theater and music).Experience with outdoor staging and production.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or [email protected].
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
Anticipated Salary Range
The anticipated rate of pay will not exceed $63,000 annually and will be based on the education, skills, and experience of the selected candidate. Find out more about our benefits under the "FSU Total Rewards" section.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
Soft Money Funded Position
This position is time-limited based on soft money funding, with renewal contingent upon available funds and the needs of the University. For questions about soft money funding please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or [email protected].
Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with a one hour lunch period. Please note this role will require a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.