Work Study Administrative Assistant (Business Majors) Location:
Clayton State University Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
This position is not on campus. This is position located in Fayetteville, GA.
THIS POSITION IS ONLY FOR CURRENTLY ENROLLED CLAYTON STATE STUDENTS WHO QUALIFY FOR FEDERAL WORK-STUDY! YOU MUST CHECK WITH FINANCIAL AID TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system, including an electronic filing system of Confidential Documents
- Maintain contact lists
- Provide general support to visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Data Entry for Tax, Logistics, and Accounting Clients
1. Proven experience as an administrative assistant or office admin assistant
2. Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
3. Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
4. Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
5. Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
6. Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
8. Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
9. Type at least 25 wpm
10. Some Data Entry Experience
11. Understanding of Social Media and Analytics
12. Some Understanding of QuickBooks but not required, willing to learn
13. Some Understanding of Payroll but not required, willing to learn
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.