Adjunct Faculty, History Location:
Hialeah Campus Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
FAC- Part-Time Faculty, Credit Classes
$52.25 - Base Rate
Natural and Social Sciences
Posted On An Ongoing Basis
Exempt- Not Eligible for Overtime Compensation
First Review Date
October 14, 2021
Adjunct Faculty members teach courses to students pursuing a broad range of Associate in Arts, or Associate in Science degrees.
Courses may be taught in an array of teaching modalities: MDC In-Person, MDC Live (Learning Interactively in a Virtual Environment), MDC Online (online delivery) and Blended Classes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teaches lecture and laboratory sections
- Evaluates and advises students
- Participates in departmental and College affairs
- Develops curricula
- Recruits students
- Serves on committees
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Masters degree in Political Science or a Masters degree and 18 graduate semester hours in Political Science.
- All educational degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution
- Possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work well with students and colleagues in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekend assignments
The final candidate is to successfully complete a background screening and reference check process.