Adjunct Faculty, International Relations Location:
Hialeah Campus Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
FAC- Part-Time Faculty, Credit Classes
$52.25 - Base Rate
Natural and Social Sciences
Posted On An Ongoing Basis
Exempt- Not Eligible for Overtime Compensation
First Review Date
October 14, 2021
This adjunct faculty member teaches International Relations and/or Interdisciplinary Social Science courses.
Courses may be taught in an array of teaching modalities: MDC In-Person, MDC Live (Learning Interactively in a Virtual Environment), MDC Online (online delivery) and Blended Classes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teaches lecture and laboratory sections
- Evaluates and advises students
- Participates in departmental and College affairs
- Develops curricula
- Recruits students
- Serves on committees
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master's degree in International Relations or an IR-designated subfield, such as Global Policy Studies or International Development; or a Master's degree with 18 graduate semester hours in International Relations specific courses.
- All educational degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution
- Possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work well with students and colleagues in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekend assignments
- For best consideration, upload your unofficial transcripts along with cover letter and resume. Please redact any personal information; (i.e. date of birth and social security number)
- If your submitted application is over 6 months old, you will need to reapply
The final candidate is to successfully complete a background screening and reference check process.