The 2nd Shift Technical Support Specialist provides high-quality computer-related technical support to a wide range of university constituents electronically, either by phone, or in person, primarily at the Information Technology Services Help Desk. This person will ensure that all calls/requests for assistance received by Information Technology Services Client Services are thoroughly tracked and answered. They will ensure that all requests for assistance are handled as efficiently as possible and know when to escalate urgent issues. The ideal candidate will suggest technical solutions that improve the efficiency of Client Services support operations and reviews documentation for correctness prior to release to supported university constituents. They will actively participate in the testing and evaluation of software or upcoming new platforms. They have demonstrated ability to research relevant technologies and offer insight into possible use of these technologies, showing that they actively stay abreast of IT support challenges and offerings.They will assist with overseeing the internationally-recognized TECH Center operations during weekend and evening times, if needed for emergencies, providing an onsite ITS presence and leading student workers. Performs other duties as assigned.This position is primarily a 4-day weekday/weekend position during the Fall and Spring semesters, typically covering Sundays 9:00am to 7:30pm and Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, 9:30AM to 8:30 PM. During the summer sessions and intersessions, hours/days will vary; flexibility is required.Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of directly related technical experience. Experience with PC and Mac system configuration, troubleshooting and software installation. Experience installing software and hardware, as needed. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.Required Skills & Abilities:
* Proven customer service skills, in-person and telephone skills along with the ability to interact with a diverse group of students, faculty and staff.
* Demonstrated ability to interact with others through both oral and written communications.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with writing skills.
* Strong familiarity with mobile technology, especially Android and iOS
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
* Ability to work the following days/shifts with flexibility required during semester breaks:
4-day weekday/weekend, Sundays 9:00am to 7:30pm and Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, 9:30AM to 8:30 PM.Preferred:
* Knowledge of higher education environment and applications (such as Canvas, Banner or other applications such as Video Editing software or Adobe Creative Suite).This position is assigned a hybrid work arrangement (on-campus and remote), the duration of this hybrid work arrangement is at the discretion of Temple University and the Department.Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.In accordance with the City of Philadelphia’s mandate, all Temple University students, faculty, staff and contractors must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by October 15, 2021, unless they have a medical or religious exemption approved by the university. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks or more following the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks or more following a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Individuals who do not meet the University’s vaccination or exception requirement by October 15, 2021 will be prohibited from working until proof of vaccination or an exception is provided. For more information visit the university's Vaccines web page at https://www.temple.edu/coronavirus/vaccines. Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: https://safety.temple.edu/reports-logs/annual-security-reportYou may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.
Primary Location: Pennsylvania-Philadelphia-Main Campus-Tech Center
Employee Status: Regular