Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions
St. John's established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University's outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John's University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John's is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world. Assistant Director of Graduate Admission Office of Graduate Admission Job Description:
Reporting to the Director of Graduate Admission, the Assistant Director of Graduate Admission will assist with developing and executing an effective recruitment strategy and strategic plan in order to meet enrollment objectives.Responsibilities:
Based out of the Queens campus, the Assistant Director will be expected to:
- Research, develop and execute a full recruitment schedule, as well as recruitment Participate in industry networking events, research methods for student outreach. Provide recruitment reports and updates as necessary.
- Communicate with prospective students at every step of the admission funnel from recruitment to enrollment
- Cultivate strong working relationships with faculty within John's University, and collaborate with admissions committees on application decisions
- Analyze data analytics to ensure that communication and recruitment initiatives are successful
- Manage 2-3 work study students who interact with students via phone, in person or via email; Ensure timely and accurate responses to student and faculty requests
- Assist with promotional materials, social media, and communications to all prospective students
- Review admission applications in a timely manner, consistent with departmental
- Assist with the daily operations of the Office of Graduate Admission through information sessions, admission presentations, interviews, on and off campus admission events including, but not limited to Open Houses and Accepted Student Days, as well as email, online chats, and call
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate must be willing to travel, work evenings and weekends and juggle multiple tasks. The ideal candidate must also work well individually and as part of a team. Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as a high energy level are essential.
All persons hired are required to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to the reasonable accommodation provisions of applicable law.
- A Bachelor's degree and a valid driver license are required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Banner and Technolutions Slate is preferred.
- 3-5 years of previous admission experience is preferred.
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit https://jobs.silkroad.com/StJohnsEdu/Careers/jobs/218853
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency