Assistant/Associate Professor, Biology (Fisheries and Mariculture)Agency
Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
S&E - Life SciencesProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
The Department of Life Sciences at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi (TAMU-CC) invites applications for a 9-month, tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor of Biology (Fisheries & Mariculture) and Program Coordinator for the Fisheries and Mariculture program (FAMA) to begin spring 2022. Rank will be determined upon qualifications. We seek a motivated and talented person who can work in Mariculture-related sciences, and applicants whose expertise is complementary to that of existing faculty and who can fill known gaps in the department are especially encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will be expected to develop a vigorous, externally funded research program, supervise graduate students in the FAMA MS program and Marine Biology PhD program, and teach courses consistent with their individual expertise.
In addition, the new hire is expected to take on the role of Program Coordinator for FAMA. The FAMA program (https://www.tamucc.edu/science/departments/life-sciences/fisheries-and-mariculture/
) prepares M.S. students for careers in either the private or public sector in fisheries or mariculture. This is accomplished through a rigorous core curriculum combined with thesis research or internship projects. The successful applicant must demonstrate a vision of expanding and strengthening the FAMA program.
Office and dry lab research space will be provided in Tidal Hall, a new (2019) state of the art building on campus, and wet lab space off-campus at the TAMU AgriLife Mariculture Research Facility (TAMRF) is available for preapproved projects. The TAMRF is a wet-lab facility with a natural seawater system, laboratory space, as well as equipment and facilities for microalgae culture, water chemistry analysis, and spawning and rearing of marine species.
- Ph.D. degree in Fisheries Science, Biology or related field specializing in Mariculture.
- A strong publication record in leading journals.
- Individuals with active, externally-funded research programs and collaborations, who can take advantage of potential faculty collaborators and our research laboratories and equipment, including the Texas A&M AgriLife Mariculture Research Facility, High Performance Computer Center, Isotope Core Lab, microscopy and other analytical facilities.
- Applicants whose research focus is complementary to existing faculty in the department are especially encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY: https://www.tamucc.edu/human-resources/careers/index
A completed application must include:
1. Cover letter
2. Statement of research interests
3. Teaching statement that details a) preferred teaching interest and teaching philosophy, and b) strategies to guide/grow the FAMA program.
4. Curriculum vitae
5. Four professional references including name, address, title, telephone number, and email addresses- including a current or previous supervisor
The position will remain open until a finalist is selected. Review of applications will begin in November 2021.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Christopher Hollenbeck
Search Chair, Department of Life Sciences
Email: [email protected]
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Assistant-Associate-Professor--Biology--Fisheries-and-Mariculture-_R-042373
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency