Associate Director, Career Services (Part-Time)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Associate Director, Career Services (Part-Time)Job Profile Title
Associate Director CJob Description Summary
University of Pennsylvania Career Services, positioned within the division of University Life, is seeking an Associate Director to advise students and alumni from the School of Nursing, Graduate School of Education, and School of Social Policy and Practice, through one-on-one and group settings, regarding all facets of career planning and employment-related activities as well as professional development.
Career Services offers a wonderful opportunity to be at the nexus of Penn students, alumni, employers, and campus partners, and provides an engaging environment to apply your skills in effective communication, relationship building, program/event managing and leadership/supervision.Job Description
The Associate Director, Nursing, Education, Social Policy & Practice will be a regular, salaried, part-time staff member working 20 hours per week. The Associate Director advises students and alumni from the School of Nursing, Graduate School of Education, and School of Social Policy and Practice, on career planning and employment-related activities, works directly with employers interested in hiring Penn students. The Associate Director will receive administrative supervision from and report to the Senior Associate Director, Nursing, Education, Social Policy & Practice.Responsibilities
- Advise students and alumni of the School of Nursing, Graduate School of Education, and School of Social Policy and Practice, through 1-on-1 appointments, group sessions, and during weekday drop-ins.
- Create dynamic, actionable workshops, speaker panels, programs, and events (online and in-person), and present at department orientations, to student groups and in classrooms.
- Keep up to date on career-relevant news, resources, websites, and tools, and develop content for website and blog to communicate this effectively to students and alumni.
- Establish effective relationships with recruiters, hiring managers, and alumni at employers with interest in hiring Penn talent.
- Collaborate closely with campus administrators and student services on program planning and implementation.
- Represent the office at professional meetings and participate in continued professional development.
A Master's Degree or more and 2-3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Motivation to work in a student service role as part of a positive, high energy, multi-team office. A desire to create innovative programming reflecting the changing needs of students and the world of work. Demonstrated advising skills with a diverse range of students, with the ability to support students and alumni who are applying to a variety of careers. Outstanding presentation and writing skills in different formats and for different audiences. Proven ability in taking the initiative in program planning and implementation, communication and teamwork. Quick learner, with ability to assimilate and retain large volumes of information on career fields. Knowledge of specific fields often pursued by graduates on the School of Nursing, the Graduate School of Education, and the School of Social Policy and Practice is a plus including knowledge of career opportunities in teaching, educational leadership, policy, research, human services, and nursing. Quick learner, with ability to assimilate and retain large volumes of information on career fields. Eagerness to learn and apply new technologies and tools, and a comfort with learning by doing. Collaborative nature with a willingness to work within and across teams. Demonstrated relationship building and networking skills. Effective multi-tasker, with ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities. Positive, can-do attitude and outlook. Flexible in adapting to new systems and responsibilities. Sense of humor.Required Application Materials
Office, library, computer roomPhysical Effort
Typically sitting at a desk or table
Occasional lifting 25 lb. or lessSchool/Center Overview:
The Division of University Life is Penn's foremost provider of student services and educational access. University Life partners and collaborates with diverse organizations across many dimensions including: race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, historical tradition, age, religion, disabilities, veteran status, interests, perspectives and socioeconomic backgrounds. We enhance the ability of nearly 25,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students, along with other community participants. University Life programs provide academic and career support, campus and community engagement, health and wellness programs, and much more. Our efforts help to fulfill Penn's strategic vision of integrating knowledge across campus. University Life is part of the Office of the Provost and includes numerous campus departments. https://home.vpul.upenn.edu/Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Student ServicesPay Range
$50,684.00 - $91,232.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/McNeil-Building/Associate-Director--Career-Services--Part-Time-_JR00041819
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency