Temporary Administrative Support AssociateFunctional Title:
Administrative Support AssociatePosition Type:
Temporary StaffPosition Eclass:
ST - SHRA Temp HourlyUniversity Information:
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Position Summary:
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is a public, coeducational, doctoral-granting, residential university chartered in 1891. It is one of the three original institutions of The University of North Carolina System.
The Department of Human Resources is seeking qualified individuals for temporary Administrative Support Associate positions that may become available on campus.
When a UNCG Department is in need of a temporary Administrative Support Associate, qualified applicants who have applied to this temporary pool will be considered.
Duties and responsibilities could include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing professional support and customer service to clients, students, Faculty, and/or Staff
- Assisting the with clerical and administrative duties
- Answering and transferring telephone calls
- Composing written materials; including memos, emails, agendas, or minutes from meetings
- Banner Processing
- Ordering office supplies
- Other duties assigned by Supervisor
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY; OR DEMONSTRATED POSSESSION OF THE COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE WORKPreferred Qualifications:
- At least six (6) months of Administrative Support experience.
- Previous working experience at a higher education learning institution
N/ASpecial Instructions to Applicants:
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
Applications are not complete until an online confirmation number is received at the end of the application process
- This posting will remain active for one quarter (roughly ninety (90) days). After the quarterly cycle, this posting will close and the application will be cancelled. You may then re-apply to the new active posting. The Close Date listed indicates when this quarterly posting will close.
- You must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application.
- The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
. Recruitment Range listed for each competency level of an Administrative Support Associate
Contributing = $15.00 Journey = $15.13 – $17.39 (87% – 100% JMR)- Advanced = $17.12 – $19.68 (87% – 100% AMR)
Temporary positions are paid on an hourly rate basis.
Rate will be approved by Human Resources.Recruitment Range:
Dependent upon funding availability. Needs to be approved by Human Resources.Org #-Department:
Human Resources - 58401Job Open Date:
10/01/2021Job Close Date:
12/31/2021Open Until Filled:
Varies by positionType of Appointment:
TemporaryTime Limited Duration:
Duration of appointment will be determined by the needs of the department.Number of Months per Year:
Reading, Writing, Talking, Walking, Lifting-0-30 lbs.