The University of Maryland Baltimore School of Medicine is seeking a Director, Faculty Administration Program
for the Department of Microbiology to plan, organize, facilitate, coordinate, and control the technical, financial, accounting, human resources, and faculty activities by incorporating several systems, change and process improvements, and business transformation to achieve the goals of the department. UMB was ranked one of America's Best Large Employers by Forbes Magazine (Feb 2021). BENEFITS:
This EXEMPT position offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. UMB requires all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Plan and direct daily activities of the Microbiology department and programs. Direct the preparation, coordination, and maintenance of the department and program financials and resources for operations.
- Direct human resource allocations, including staff, faculty, and post-doctoral fellows, including recruitment and retention efforts, that including employee lifecycle experiences.
- Oversee the employee lifecycle transactions, including hiring, training, promotions, appointment, renewals, leave, separations, time keeping, and payroll.
- Manage departmental and program budgets, including approving finances, tracking expenditures, procurement, and preparing reports on current finances.
- Oversee databases used to analyze criteria and deliver data, as well as to monitor, evaluate, and recommend to senior management revisions to departmental and program operating policies and procedures. Design and integrate continuous improvements to ensure effectiveness of operations in department.
- Plan data management and communication strategy for department and programs. Work with senior management in developing goals and milestones.
- Organize and/or participate in various committees and teams to consult with school and department heads and administrative officials on policy and program needs as well as various administrative issues.
- Develop funding sources for various departmental programs.
- Manage activities related to events, symposiums, lectures, and seminars i.e. coordinating with speakers, making travel and hotel arrangements, and processing reimbursements and disseminating seminar details to relevant parties.
- Plan communication strategy and materials for department events, fliers, and newsletters. Coordinate the regular publication of summary departmental reports and serves as an information resource to coworkers, the university, and external figures.
- Design, maintain, and implement department policies and/or programs by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Manage foreign exchange visitors and visa holders to ensure compliance with Department of Homeland Security regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Education: Bachelor's degree. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience: Six (6) years of program oversight including program planning, budget, and coordination Certification/Licensure: Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
Accomplishes responsibilities by primarily (>50%) performing significant managerial functions within area of responsibility. Possess subject matter expertise in a professional discipline. Achieves objectives through coordinated efforts of others, typically by managing recruitment, engagement, performance, and development of employees. Develops, implements, and manages goals and objectives. Participates in strategic planning. Determines and enforces processes, practices, and/or policies. Manages operations, workflow, projects, and/or systems that have strategic impact. Accountable for legal and policy compliance. Manages the daily operations, typically, of a work unit (group(s) or team(s) of staff who perform similar type work) or function (division(s), program(s), or specialized unit(s) within the department. Develops and achieves broadly stated goals and objectives in alignment with defined strategy. Primarily responsible for overall execution of results. Wide latitude to make managerial decisions within area of responsibility. Recommends personnel, and significant strategic decisions for upper senior professional approval. Hiring Range:
Commensurate with education and experience ($90K - $100K)UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request
. You may also contact [email protected]
. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Job:
Reg or CII Exempt StaffShift:
School of Medicine - MicrobiologyJob Posting:
Sep 30, 2021Unposting Date:
Oct 14, 2021, 10:59:00 PM