Postdoctoral Fellow Location:
Atlanta, Georgia Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Wallace H. Coulter Dept. of Biomedical Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology & Emory University
Job Summary The Mantalaris Lab is seeking applicants for the position of Postdoc to participate in activities and research that focuses on the translation, adaptation, improvement and validation of a proprietary of mathematical models written in gPROMS, a SIEMENS programming language for simulation, optimization and parameter estimation, into Python. The candidate will research mathematical models that predict disease progression, clonal evolution and patient recovery under different standard FDA-approved treatment alternatives.Responsibilities
Translation of mathematical model in gPROMS into Python
• To propose improvements for model mathematical structure (speed)
• To propose improvements for PK/PD modules structure (scale-up)
• To propose improvements for sub-clonal population modules structure (scale-up)
• Implementation of improvements
• Development of parameter estimation algorithm
• Model validation
• Development of optimization algorithm
• Integrate web-based CIT Clinician Portal and mathematical model in Python
• To write reports for submission to research sponsors (Biolocity)
• To publish in high quality journals and to present data at national and international meetings
• Contribute to bids for research grants
• To maintain complete, accurate and highly organised records of work and findings
• To present findings to colleagues and participate in group research meetings and internal seminars.
• To attend I-Corps, workshops and conferences as necessary
• To contribute to the smooth running of the Group’s laboratories and, facilities with other scientists, clinicians, technicians and students within the laboratories.
• To comply with the College, Division, and Unit safety practices and to attend courses on safety when appropriate.
• Any other duties as may be deemed reasonable by Head of group as well as Head of Division/Department/Section.
PhD in Engineering, Bio-engineering or other related area of study
Biomedical Systems Engineering Lab…
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests.