Unity College is seeking a results driven Director of Talent Acquisition to help Unity College scale for continued growth. This position in conjunction with the Chief Human Resources Officer will build and execute hiring strategies that will identify and attract diverse candidates for our Enterprise and Sustainable Educational Business Units (SEBUs) by collaborating with our broader HR team, as well as with hiring managers, to understand the hiring needs, priorities and critically assess talent. This position will build strong, respectful relationships and help elevate Unity's employment brand to a highly competitive level. This person will have the opportunity to act as a thought partner with our leadership in a fast-paced environment. This position will be expected to measure the impact of recruiting methods to drive recruiting process improvement.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Provide innovative, scalable solutions to drive our hiring to meet our growth objectives
- Create innovative sourcing strategies while ensuring a high-touch candidate experience
- Conduct full cycle recruiting, and employing creative recruiting techniques including organizational branding, internet ad placements, resume searches, referrals, networking and direct sourcing of passive candidates
- Drive diversity recruiting strategies that will yield positive results in support of broader team goals, both short and long term
- Manage all aspects of searches including resourcing, forecasting, reporting, and guiding competing expectations
- Compile, analyze and capture insights from data to support business decisions
- Analyzing workforce trends and metrics
- Establish a strong rapport with hiring managers to understand staffing needs, priorities and constraints; fill vacancies in a timely manner; and provide compliance/risk mitigation advice
- Communicate effectively with the interview team to ensure preparedness during the interview process. Share and exchange information with all levels of management.
- Advise and drive SEBU hiring strategy and process change when necessary
- Leverage our Applicant Tracking System as a strategic tool by ensuring there is clean data for tracking and reporting to inform data-driven decisions for the Talent Acquisition and broader leadership teams
- Negotiate complex offers to close candidates, and ensure compliance that no exceptions are made outside of the offer letter
- Ensure consistency of all pre-hire processes and documentation including, but not limited to: interview feedback documentation, background check and references, and onboarding procedures
UNITY COLLEGE INSTITUTIONAL RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Demonstrates commitment to Unity College's core values and serves as a role model for the College's standards of conduct.
- Contributes to the College's commitment to sustainability and contributes to the College's commitment to support a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Follows safety and infection control policies while assisting with their enforcement.
- Assumes responsibility to maintain and upgrade professional knowledge and skills with regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws. In addition to actively participating in Unity College Professional Development days and Unity College required annual trainings.
- Demonstrates a high degree of commitment to customer service and student success.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position you must be able to execute each of the position specific responsibilities while meeting the position expectations.
Additionally, the position specific education, skills and competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon approval by the supervisor and Chief Human Resources Officer, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
POSITION SPECIFIC EDUCATION, SKILLS AND COMPENTCIES:
- 5-10 years of relevant HR experience as a Recruiting Lead/Manager
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to build strong partnerships with leaders at all levels of the organization
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proven track record of delivering on hiring goals
- Experience with Recruiting ATS systems
- Experience with owning and driving a hiring strategy
- Ability to build effective recruiting strategies that contribute to the team's hiring goals
- Experience in organizations that have undergone significant growth, change, and/or international expansion
- Open to travel periodically
WORK SCHEDULE / AVAILABILITY REQUIREMENTS
Work hours are specific to the requirements of this position and can include days, evenings, weekends. Working extended hours may be required as needed and Unity College employees must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling their responsibilities while meeting the College's needs.
While performing the duties of this job, it is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The use of either hand for repetitive movements such as grasping, grasping and turning, and fine manipulation is required as is the ability to use the telephone for internal and external communications.
Work is performed mostly in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate. Exposure to changes of temperature or humidity 1-33% of the time.
POSITIONS AT UNITY COLLEGE ARE DEPENDENT ON THEIR VIABILITY AND AN ESTABLISHED VIABILITY MATRIX. THE VIABILITY MATRIX FOR THIS POSITION IS:
- Unity College realizes the enterprise model by becoming and remaining a matrix organization with multiple distinct Sustainable Education Business Units
- Unity College reaches at least a $35M total annual operating budget
- Unity College employs at least 200 employees
- Unity College transforms its organizational culture toward institution-centric and its workplace demographic toward nationally-representative