: Des Plaines, ILPosted:
: Sep 21, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full Time StaffPosition ID:
About Oakton Community College :
or over 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the overall support of Facilities activities across both campuses including providing high-touch customer support to the College at large, coordinating the operations of the Facilities Department to insure smooth day-to-day operations, and assisting the Director of Facilities. Assists with multiple projects in between Facilities teams, with other College departments (such as Budget and Administrative Services), and with vendors.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a Facilities representative to staff, faculty, and administrators as campus projects, events, and other cooperative interactions. Proactively solve problems, resolve inquiries, and engage additional resources when needed.
- Assist the Director of Facilities in the day-to-day Facilities operations for both campuses. Receive, respond to, and assign priorities to emergencies, complaints, and/or work requests from all College personnel.
- Plan, organize and manage the materials, parts and supplies acquisition, and storage and inventory control.
- Setup and maintain Safety Training for all Facilities staff. Track participation and notify managers as needed for follow up.
- Coordinate the budget process including developing recommendations, monitoring monies expended, and anticipating over-expenditures. Monitor and report departmental spending against the budget and notify administrator and/or staff.
- Enter and maintain data as well as supply reports with the Schooldude software system and train appropriate personnel on the system.
- Oversee the assembling of special materials such as class schedules, academic calendar, board agendas and packets, catalog copy, budgets, technical and financial reports.
- Review and prepare for payment all records, invoices and vouchers for Facilities department expenditures, including projects, energy consumption and supplies.
- Gather specifications, compile and prepare information required for bid/contract projects and maintain all related records.
- Write and maintain currency of procedural documents such as Standard Operating Procedures, check lists, how-to guides, etc.
- Responsible for monitoring energy usage at both campuses and prepare energy usage reports. Participate in the screening of potential utility suppliers.
- Organize, maintain, and analyze statistical building data, drafting files and filing appropriate reports such as ICCB, FIRS, HEGIS, and RAMP and other reporting agencies as required. Partner with subject matter experts both in Facilities and throughout the College as needed.
- Review interior signage requests and coordinate changes as needed.
- Maintain the First Aid boxes in the Facilities areas. Order supplies and refill as needed.
- Organize and maintain office subject files, confidential reports and records, and enter all data to keep files current (attendance records, area rosters).
- Support the Facilities management team including, but not limited to, arranging meetings, taking notes when required, and maintaining appointment calendars.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Associates degree in business, office management, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge can be acquired is necessary.
- Three years of administrative experience working in a Facilities, Construction, or related operation is required.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to deliver services in an environment where there is an emphasis on customer service are required. Ability to provide assistance and interact with individuals in situations requiring sensitivity and tact.
- Ability to utilize a computer to enter, retrieve and manipulate data is required. Intermediate word processing (Microsoft Word preferred), intermediate spreadsheet application (Microsoft Excel preferred), and beginning presentation application (Microsoft PowerPoint preferred) skills are required. Beginning database application skill (Microsoft Access preferred) is desired. Publishing experience, such as newsletter creation, preferred.
- Must be able to prioritize, manage and organize multi-projects at the same time.
- Mobility to move from building to building on-Campus and to visit off-Campus entities. Work is performed in a general office environment and is generally sedentary in nature. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
Administrative supervision is received from the Director of Facilities.
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
SALARY: $48,870 Salary may change due to the completion of staff negotiations.
Please note there are two openings for this position.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.