: Health ServicesLocations:
: Des Plaines / Skokie, ILPosted:
: Sep 21, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part Time StaffPosition ID:
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
- Provide nursing care to students and employees within the limitations of the Medical Consultant guidelines including health maintenance with the emphasis on preventive care.
- Provide emergency care both within and outside the Health Services' office.
- Assess and document medical conditions according to specific standards.
- Maintain infection control principles with the proper disposal of blood borne pathogen waste.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the conditions most commonly encountered and seek assistance when unfamiliar with a patient's diagnosis or plan of care.
- Administer medication per Medical Consultant's standing orders and be aware of potential side effects, accepted dosage, patient allergies, and accepted routes of administration.
- Perform diagnostic testing per Medical Consultant's standing orders and follow-up with prescribed treatment or referral.
- Educate Allied Health Career students regarding their health requirements and review medical records necessary for medical clearance.
- Maintain confidentiality of health records and all personal health information set forth in Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Maintain inventory of medications, supplies, equipment and office forms.
- Develop and participate in campus-wide health and wellness education events in collaboration with the Des Plaines Health Services nursing staff.
- Provide nursing coverage for the Des Plaines Health Services office when needed.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Licensed Register Nurse
- Current Illinois RN licensure.
- Active employment in the nursing field within the last five years or a certificate in a registered nurse refresher course.
Work requires the ability to perform various sensory requirements such as reaching with hands and arms, and handle objects, tools, or controls, talk and hear, smell, and stand and walk in order to assess and treat the patient accurately and effectively. Work requires the ability to occasionally lift items or exert force of up to 75 pounds.
Hours: Temporary position and hours are as needed
Salary: $27.42 per hour
Campus: Des Plaines and Skokie, some travel may be required
Oakton is accessible by public transportation
Based on the needs of the college and with Administrator approval, some positions at the college may have remote or hybrid schedule options available. Please note, that during the 65 working day probationary period, employees are required to report to campus.
Oakton Community College requires all employees to adhere to a Vaccination /Testing Mandate
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.