Job location: Commerce TAMUC Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R-042368 Job Title
Instructor - Management & EconomicsAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Management & Economics - MGECProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
The Department of Management and Economics is seeking faculty for a Tenure Track position in Supply Chain Management. This position will begin Spring 2022. Faculty at Texas A & M University-Commerce are required to develop courses and requirements, work cooperatively with others, teach, and contribute service to their discipline, the university, and the community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach undergraduate and masters level courses in supply chain management and related disciplines;
- Advise students;
- Prepare syllabi;
- Update course materials;
- Develop curriculum;
- Deliver instruction both online and on any of the university campuses. Instructional duties may include teaching during the day, in the evening, or on Saturday.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs and policies;
- Provide service to the department, college, university and public schools, and community; and
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of current trends in learning with research, best practices in teaching, direct connection with the business community and technological applications in the classroom, including online teaching.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
- Education: Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Management, or a closely related field from an AACSB accredited university.
- A minimum of 10 years of industry work experience in supply chain management; a minimum of three years’ leadership experience directing or coordinating supply chain related activities in an organization
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Good written and oral communication skills. Commitment to high quality teaching. Dedication to high standards and student success. 3 years of experience using enterprise resource planning (ERP) software in an organization
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
University level teaching experience. Online teaching experience.
Meaningful connections on the business community to aid student success
Experience with workplace professional certifications and organizations
Certifications and training in Lean, Six Sigma, and Agile
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.