IT Helpdesk SpecialistJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks a Helpdesk Specialist in the Department of Information Technology. The Help Desk Specialist will promote Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. The Help Desk Specialist will respond to client requests, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions. Additionally, this individual will manage software support applications as well as various helpdesk ticket tasks and customer support. MAC experience a plus. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming requests and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to customer service requests either in person or over the phone.
- Train end users and other IT employees.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in order to provide solutions.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Help Tier 3 to resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Build and deploy computers for users and new employees.
- Ability and flexibility required as part of the “on-call" team and schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 10 and all Office versions.
- Experience with Active Directory.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone etiquette.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask.
- Previous experience in an IT Service Desk role.
- Incident management experience – managing incidents including business expectations and communication maintaining SLA compliance.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment yet also highly motivated with an ability to work independently.
- After hours support as requested.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, responses to the supplemental mission questions, and contact information for three professional references. Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Preferred Qualifications:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: Posting Number:
P116SNumber of Vacancies:
1Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Quick Link for Internal Postings:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: