Search #: 495597JOB SUMMARY
Work type: Full-time
Location: Avery Point Campus
Categories: Administrative Services
The University of Connecticut, Avery Point Campus is seeking applications for the position of Branford House Manager. Working under the general direction and administrative guidance of the Associate Campus Director, the successful incumbent will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the event rental program for the Branford House Mansion at the Avery Point Campus.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages prospective private rental client inquiries and relationships; schedules and conducts site tours; works with clients to establish contracts for their use of the facility; maintains rental schedule.
- Manages and oversees events (including week-of and day-of onsite preparation) to ensure all accommodations are provided and anticipates and plans for last-minute scenarios that may come up, which may require the position to make decisions on behalf of the Avery Point Campus.
- Collaborates and coordinates with other University departments and external vendors regarding scheduling, assessing credentials, and other facility matters for events.
- Develops and executes a successful marketing plan including the development of marketing materials, social media, and attendance at business recruitment events such as Wedding Expos. Generates and follows up with prospective leads.
- Hires, schedules, and supervises a staff of part-time event support employees.
- Maintains the inventory of supplies and equipment and recommends program purchases based on resources and current trends.
- Creates, maintains, and appropriately updates files and records, and assists in compiling reports.
- Stays abreast of, and ensures adherence to, changes to program, campus, and University policies and procedures and provides education and outreach in regards to program policies.
- Tracks payment status of events and develops and maintains program budget.
- Problem-solves unique situations while preserving the best interest of all parties involved including renter, vendor, University, and the campus.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3-4 years of experience in event management
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Proven ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Proven ability to maintain positive relationships
- Proven ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, and problem-solve
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and related software applications
- Flexibility of work hours - weekend hours required
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
- Knowledge of website maintenance and social media posting as part of marketing plan
This is a full-time position. Salary will be commensurate with experience and includes full benefits.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs
, Staff Positions, Search #495597 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on October 27, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Sep 27 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 27 2021 Eastern Daylight Time