Part-Time Economics Instructor (Pool)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
PART-TIME, ASSOCIATE FACULTY POOL
Applications for Part-Time, Associate Faculty pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.
This position is a part-time position as an Associate Instructor in Economics. The teaching assignment may require teaching lecture-discussion courses during day, evening or on Saturday and/or in an on-line/distance education format. The assignments are as needed, during Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semesters. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers (WVMFT), AFT 6554.
Work location: West Valley College, Saratoga, CA.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is based on a percentage of workload, up to a maximum of 67% of a full-time load. Salary is prorated based on an initial hiring salary range of $29,554-$41,482 per semester; and is based on academic achievement, teaching and related experience.
1.Education - Possess one of the following:
* Master’s degree in economics; OR
* Bachelor’s degree in economics AND master’s degree in business, business administration, business management, business education, finance, or political science; OR
* A valid California Community College Instructor’s Credential in Economics; OR
* The equivalent of the above.
2. Demonstrated ability to effectively teach, counsel or work with persons of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Instructional duties and assignments may consist of one or more of the following:
* Provide instruction for assigned courses. This includes preparation for in-class or on-line/distance education activities, evaluation of students’ work, consultation with students outside of class and/or on-line, maintenance of currency in the subjects taught.
* Maintain accurate class and other records required by the college.
* Submit, when due, attendance rosters and grade reports.
* Follow course outlines as filed in the instruction offices.
* Maintain office hours each week, at .5 hours per week per section.
* Observe, support and enforce the regulations, policies and programs of the District and college.
* Provide each student with a written course syllabus at the beginning of the course, as per instructions in the Faculty Handbook.
* Refer students to appropriate college sources for information on counseling and other student services.
* Assist students by providing advice on requirements for successful achievement in the members’ area of expertise.
* Work cooperatively within the college community.
* Foster an environment that protects academic freedom within the college community.
* Foster a positive working environment that is free from harassment, prejudice and/or bias.
* Demonstrate a respect for the dignity of each individual.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency