Residence Life Coordinator
Columbus State University
Columbus State University (CSU) has an opening for a Residence Life Coordinator. This is a full-time twelve (12) month live-in professional staff position and is responsible for working with students to develop an environment that facilitates academic success and personal development. General responsibilities include supervision of all operations within a housing area, supervision of student staff members, including Resident Assistants and Student Assistants, and enforcement of University rules and regulations. Responsibilities also include participation in all departmental planning and activities, and involvement on University committees. Responsibilities Supervision and Training (10%)
- Select, supervise, and provide ongoing training for 1-2 graduate assistants, 8-10 community advisors, 10 -13 housing assistants and indirectly supervise 4-6 student assistant staff members.
- Assist with the selection, training, and evaluation of all student and graduate staff members; including facilitation of sessions, providing time and place to answer questions and providing opportunities for effective team building.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings and one on one's with graduate and undergraduate staff members.
Community Development (30%)
- Provide overall administration of a housing area with 440 + bed spaces.
- Interpret Residence Life rules and regulations, provide support to the Residence Life Staff with enforcement of rules and regulations, and make recommendations of changes and modifications to the rules and regulations.
- Advise, counsel and interact with individuals and student groups regarding institutional policies, services, and programs available.
- Assist students with problem solving and is available for crisis intervention. Makes appropriate referrals when needed.
- Assist with disciplinary cases that occur in housing area and refers cases to the Assistant Director of Residence Life or Dean of Students as appropriate.
- Provide assistance to Systems Administrator and Director of Residence Life in having students checked out of residence hall spaces for whatever reason necessary (payment, conduct issues, etc).
- Participates in a professional and graduate staff duty rotation overseeing 1450 residents. Serves as the University's first line of response after the housing assistant and provides feedback/suggestions to housing assistants when needed.
- Familiarity with and is prepared to implement all emergency procedures.
- Responsibility for opening and closing procedures in designated housing areas.
- Monitors, reports, and follows up with facility maintenance and cleaning issues.
Other Responsibilities (10%)
- Assumes a leadership role in the development of a safe, positive and welcoming community environment though programming, service delivery, and assessment.
- Works closely with University Police and security to maintain a safe and secure environment for residents.
- Plans, develops and implements educational, social and cultural programs for the personal growth and development of residential students.
- Manages an area programming budget.
- Provides basic counseling and advising to residential students as needed, making appropriate referrals to Counseling Services when needed.
- Maintain relationship and provide support to the Faculty in Residence within housing area.
The RLC shall coordinate summer housing as well as assist with summer camps in their housing area as needed. The RLC should work in conjunction with the Assistant Director of Residence Life to perform these tasks.
Assist with campus orientation activities - including presentations, residence hall key distribution and return, and oversight of evening programming for orientation students.
Liaison with Maintenance Technicians
The RLC is responsible for other duties as assigned by the Director of Residence Life, Assistant Director of Residence Life, and / or Senior Residence Life Manager.
Serves on University Committees as assigned by the Director of Residence Life, Assistant Director of Residence Life, and / or Senior Residence Life Manager.
Minimum qualifications include a Master's degree in Student Personnel, Higher Education, or equivalent and experience in Residence Life as a Resident Assistant, Residence Life staff member, or the equivalent; and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The successful candidate must possess excellent communication and organizational skills and excellent time management and prioritization skills. Proposed Salary
The annualized salary for this position is $35,568 and includes full benefits. Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Office at 706-507-8920 or e-mail to [email protected]
. Conditions of Employment
Successful completion of a criminal background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment is required. Equal Employment Opportunity
Columbus State University is committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a sense of belongingness for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Columbus State University to recruit, hire, train, promote, and educate persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Special Applicant Instructions
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled. All applications and required documents must be submitted using Columbus State University's online employment site and a complete packet must be submitted for full consideration.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=30000&JobOpeningId=234396&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency