Dental Hygiene Clinic AssistantPosition Type:
Support StaffStatus of Position:
Staff - Full TimeUnion:
Non ExemptPosition Summary:
Supports the operation of the dental clinic by serving as the booking agent of clinic activities and maintenance of equipment and supplies in the clinic. Performs dental assistant, clerical, and receptionist functions. Responsibilities include interacting with the public, clients, dental hygiene students, faculty, and other professionals, sterilizing equipment, managing the disposal of contaminated wastes and sharps, monitoring regular spore tests, directing the use of the autoclave and statims, ordering and maintaining inventory of all clinic supplies and clinic forms, scheduling appointments and collecting monies.Reporting and Supervisory Relationships:
Direct reporting relationship to the Dean, Allied Health and Emergency Services.Essential Responsibilities:
1. Operates a variety of basic office machines.
2. Performs record keeping, word processing, patient data entry, and dental clinic management functions utilizing a computer.
3. Serves as HIPAA Compliance Officer. Establishes and maintains confidential medical/dental records.
4. Communicates professionally and effectively with clients, students, faculty and visitors to the building.
5. Answers multi-line telephone, routes calls, takes messages, schedules patient appointments and responds to or refers inquiries.
6. Maintains accurate records of monetary transactions, collects fees, issues receipts, balances books and prepares deposits.
7. Manages the daily functions within the central sterilization area.
8. Coordinates and supervises the disbursement of dental supplies and equipment to faculty and dental hygiene students.
9. Directs and oversees the disposal of contaminated wastes and the proper use of the autoclave and statims.
10. Manages & orders the purchase of dental supplies and lab materials. Maintains inventory and orders clinic supplies, forms, and notices.
11. Develops and maintains a schedule for preventive maintenance of equipment used in central sterilization area, clinic and radiology.
12. Manages the disposal of sharps containers and other wastes.
13. Monitors regular autoclave spore tests.
14. Prepares a daily audit report.
15. Develops and maintains a schedule for various student rotations within the clinic.
16. Directs work-study &/or part-time workers as assigned.
17. Schedules, coordinates, and oversees department special functions and programs.
18. Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of the department.
19. Required to learn and utilize purchase/requisition software.Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather conditions. Work involves exerting up to 15 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently/constantly in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Must be able to walk frequently between areas in the clinic to accomplish necessary work. Must follow OSHA standards regarding exposure to blood borne pathogens including uniform and personal protective barriers.Minimum Qualifications:
1. Dental Assisting experience, including ability to operate sterilization equipment, dispose of contaminated wastes and sharps, monitor regular spore tests, order & maintain an inventory of supplies and clinic forms and perform receptionist duties including scheduling of appointments.
2. Maintains CPR certification.
3. Experience using a computer and ability to utilize word processing software and requisition maintenance software.
4. Ability to perform multi-task work with minimal supervision.
5. Possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
6. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
7. Vaccination for Hepatitis BPreferred Qualifications:
Certified Dental Assistant.Anticipated Work Hours and Days:
Monday thru Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.Salary:
minimum starting-$37,469Posting Date:
06/25/2021Open Until Filled: