This position manages, develops, and leads Procurement, Mail Services and the Copy Center. This Manager shall ensure that high quality, safe, efficient, cost effective services are provided by the department. The Manager shall also ensure that the department acts in accordance with all state, local and federals laws, rules, regulations, and University policies and procedures.
Manager is responsible for performance to schedule, budget, safety and quality constraints, requirements and goals. Manager shall develop and distribute periodic reports such as, performance run charts, weekly status, work schedules, etc. Manager shall also participate in establishing and planning departmental goals, activities, budgets and schedules.
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide University wide procurement services.
• Handle all aspects of the procurement operations and daily administrative functions.
• Develop, implement, maintain, and administer purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
• Communicate internal purchasing and contracting standards and policies.
• Source materials, equipment, supplies, and services as required.
• Develop and submit RFQ's, collect and analysis bids, select, and engage suppliers in accordance with internal policies to ensure the best overall value for the University.
• Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies, equipment and services.
• Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance and adherence to University policy.
• Analyze market and delivery systems in order to make informed decisions on the procurement of products, equipment, and services.
• Address and resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims as required.
• Represent the University in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers and services providers.
• Develop, review, evaluate, manage, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
• Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, supplies and services.
• Communicate with and seek management approval as required.
• Prepare monthly reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
• Manages strategic sourcing initiatives to ensure that goods and services required by the University are obtained in a timely, efficient manner at the lowest cost consistent with University requirements for quality, performance, service and availability.
• Administer and develop purchasing systems.
• Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
• Manage and arrange for disposal of surplus materials
• Continuously evaluate the University's existing purchasing processes and procedures and make recommendations for both long and short term change.
• Identify and act on opportunities for competitive bidding to obtain the best overall value.
• Solicit bids for competitive pricing and purchasing of supplies, equipment, and services.
• Promote and maintain competitive procurement practices in compliance with all applicable requirements and laws.
• Develop, implement, and oversee procurement controls to ensure consistent compliance, data integrity, and fiscally sound purchasing practices.
• Maintain oversight of all P-Card, Travel Card, One Card, and eProcurement systems.
o Maintain compliance
o Train staff on proper use of various cards and purchasing systems
o Monitor all purchasing activities
o Approve orders as required
• Oversee, monitor, and work with vendors to obtain
o Approved Vendor Status
o Preferred Vendor Status
o Partner Vendor Status
o Certified Supplier Status
Printing and Copy Center
• Manage and maintain all aspects of the Printing and Copy Center.
• Maintain printer/copiers in the copy center, orders all supplies and paper for the center.
• Manage and maintenance all leases and contracts for University copiers and printers.
• Assist with print jobs for departments and faculty as required.
Mail Service Center
• Pick up, sort and disburse all incoming and outgoing mail, FedEx, UPS, common carrier and other deliveries.
• Deliver outgoing mail to the post office and incoming mail to student dormitories and departments throughout the University.
• Responsible for development of monthly mail reports, ensures correct account charges for department use of Mail Service Center.
• Maintain mail box systems for students and faculty.
• Keep all mailing permits, service contracts, and leases current.
• Ship, receive, and secure hazardous material and ensure safety training is provided for staff and that all safety and security requirements are properly adhered to.
• Manage contracted labor and vendors. Ensure that work is conducted in accordance with the University's policies and standards, is completed on schedule, and within the established budget.
• Act as the liaison between the University and the Preferred Office Supply Vendors including: oversight of the vendor's webpage to update products on the preferred provider list, and the generation of reports on expenses for departments relating to products purchased.
• Supervise department functions including performance review, approval of employee schedules and time cards, hiring/termination recommendations, planning, scheduling and coordinating activities, training, advising, and consulting, for the purpose of ensuring that the department functions in a safe and efficient manner.
• Participate in continuous quality improvement and cost saving activities.
• Support safety initiatives and ensures that all employees are trained in and adhere to safety policies and practices.
• Develop and train subordinates to effectively perform their job.
• Ensure that work is professionally performed with a high level of quality.
• Identify and prepare pertinent reports and data to track key performance indicators for quality, cost, and service.
• Direct and coordinate activities of student labor engaged in the receipt, processing and delivery of inbound and outbound mail and copy center services.
• Participate in the development and control of the departments budgets.
• Continuously monitor, analyze, and reconcile departmental financials.
• Interview and hire staff, and oversee staff training.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in business or related field
• Good organizational and communication skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of contact negotiations.
• Experience in the field of procurement management.
• Demonstrated budgeting skills.
• Demonstrated skills with computerized inventory systems.
• Demonstrated skills with automated procurement systems.
• Strong computer skills.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or with a team.
• Demonstrated track of reliable attendance.
• Must be willing and able to be on campus during any shift as needs arise
• Must have and demonstrate hospitality and customer service skills.
• Have the ability to resolve equipment problems (such as clearing copier jams.)
• Have knowledge of postal regulations and requirements.
• Demonstrated successful supervisory experience.
• Valid Maine driver's license required.