Early Childhood Education, Preschool Master Teacher
Instructor Applicant Pool Santa Clarita Community College District - College of the CanyonsAnnounces Employment Opportunities For Adjunct (Part-Time) Instructors
Availability needed: Valencia campus
Deadline to apply: Not Applicable.
We are accepting applications on an on-going basis for future consideration into the Eligibility Pool. When no review date is listed for an Adjunct Instructor position, the position is open until filled. Your application cannot be considered until all required documents have been received. Incomplete applications will be kept open for 30 days from the date the application is initially received. Applications that are still incomplete after 30 days will not be considered.
- Must possess a current State of California Commission on Teacher Credentialing Master Teacher Permit or higher.
- Must have 2 years of work experience with preschool children in an instructional capacity in a childcare and development program, working at least three hours per day within the last four years (this experience must be verified by submitting an original letter from the employer on official letterhead).
- Completion of working with families from diverse backgrounds coursework.
- Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, ethnicities and abilities of children and community college students.
- Must have a current Adult, Child, Infant CPR and Pediatric First Aid certifications.
Term and Renewal
The Child Development Master Teacher Permit is issued for five years and is renewable for successive five-year periods upon completion of 105 hours of professional growth. This permit may be renewed online on the State of California Commission on Teacher Credentialing website.
Desired Knowledge, Abilities, Skill and Experience
- Communicate effectively and positively with children, families, students and staff including being able to articulate the theoretical base of activities and curriculum.
- Apply State Child Development Division Regulations, Title 22 and Title V, for a State-funded program.
- Knowledge of NAEYC Accreditation Standards.
- Knowledge of California Department of Education (CDE) Early Education and Support Division (EESD) Desired Results for Children and Families and knowledge of California Preschool Learning Foundations and Curriculum Framework.
- Experience with Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (ECERS).
- Application of Developmentally Appropriate Practice and Intentional Teaching.
- Knowledge and application of Early Childhood Theory.
- Specialized coursework in special needs.
- Training and/or knowledge of the Outdoor Classroom Project.
- Hiring committees review all complete, qualified application packets. Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
- A teaching demonstration may be required at the interview stage.
Conditions of Employment
Assignments may include Monday through Friday (day and evening), as well as Saturday classes.
Adjunct Salary Rate: $17.75 - $26.01 per hour (Depending on qualifications).
Offer and acceptance of employment is subject to verification of all information provided on the employment application, credential/transcripts, background fingerprint clearance, tuberculosis screening, proof of eligibility to work in the United States (College of the Canyons hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States) and Board of Trustees approval as required.
All materials listed below are required to be considered for an interview. Applicants are encouraged to apply online by visiting our website at Jobs at COC. All application materials must be uploaded online or received by the Human Resources Department, located in the University Center, Suite 360. College of the Canyons, 26455 Rockwell Canyon Road, Santa Clarita, California 91355. If you require assistance, please contact the Human Resources Office at (661) 362-3427 or for hearing impaired TTY/TDD (661) 362-5178.
- District ACADEMIC Application.
- Current detailed resume summarizing education and experience.
- Complete College transcripts verifying educational degree(s) and/or coursework required for the position. Unofficial or copies of transcripts may be submitted for application purposes (please include both the front and back of ALL transcript pages); however, official transcripts must be submitted at the time of hiring. Copies of college diplomas are not acceptable in lieu of transcripts.
- Important note on minimum education requirements: Units and/or degree(s) earned must have been awarded by a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the American Council on Post-Secondary Education. The candidate is responsible for providing equivalency evaluation recognized by the District for degrees and/or units earned outside the United States, degrees from a college or university not accredited by an agency recognized by the American Council on Post-Secondary Education, or if degree is not in the exact discipline required. For your convenience, we accept any company who is a current member of NACES.
- Child Development Master Teacher Permit.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the official application packet is fully and correctly completed. All materials submitted become the property of the District. Materials will not be returned, copied or considered for other openings.
Selection and Applicant Pool Process
Positions are open until filled. The above position represents the anticipated need for the upcoming semester(s) or the applicant pool. The department may review materials at any time based on enrollment needs and the Human Resources Office will contact selected applicants for the interview process. Only completed application packets that meet the minimum qualifications or established equivalency will be considered.
Qualified applicants who successfully complete the selection and interview process will be placed in the applicant pool and may be eligible for adjunct employment with the District anytime within the next 36 months.
If you are not able to apply online, application materials may be obtained by contacting the job line at (661) 259-7800, ext. 7233, or TTY/TDD (661) 362-5178.
Equal Employment Policy
The Santa Clarita Community College District does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected basis under the law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting the Human Resources office directly at (661) 362-3428.