A.T. Still University's Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral Health (ATSU-MOSDOH) is seeking an exempt Specialty Care Unit Director of Pediatric Dentistry at the St. Louis Dental Center. The position reports to the Vice Dean, Clinical Operations, Clinical Education & Community Partnerships and is responsible for managing and mentoring MOSDOH students to assure attainment of clinical competency, teaching students the fundamentals of Pediatric dentistry, assuring provision of high quality pediatric services to patients.
Major Job Duties
- Mentoring and evaluating students in pediatric dentistry procedures on patients
- Establish procedures for pediatrics, in conjunction with Specialty Care Unit Director
- Communicate with Specialty Care Unit director as to the educational goals, essential experiences and competencies for student experiences
- Complete Administrative Reports as directed
- Assurance of students & patient safety- reporting deficiencies to the Vice Dean of Clinical Education, Operations and Community Partnerships
- Assure clinical competency for students in pediatric dentistry
- Supervise pediatric residents/fellows as needed
- Provide indirect supervision of dental assistant(s) and provide performance review evaluations to the Dental Clinic Manager
- Provide didactic and laboratory instruction to pre-clinical students in Kirksville and D3 and D4 students in St. Louis
- Perform dental procedures on patients as needed
- Track student progress toward attainment of clinical competency and communicate progress & deficiencies on a periodic basis to the Vice Dean of Clinical Operations, Clinic Education & Community Partnerships
- Assurance of patient and students safety and report any deficiencies to the Vice Dean of Clinical Operations, Clinical Education & Community Partnerships
- Participate in calibration activities, to include semi- annual faculty advance
- Participate in ATSU/MOSDOH committee activities
- Potential for intermittent on-call and other outreach activities after hours
- Other duties as assigned
- D.D.S. or D.M.D.
- A current Missouri State Dental License is required
- Must be highly skilled in pediatric dentistry
- Able to work independently
- Team oriented
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible, employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits.