Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor and Director of Clinical Education for Physical TherapySchool/Division:
School of Health Professions and Human ServicesOffice:
Department of Allied Health and KinesiologyFull-Time or Part-Time:
Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.Description:
Hofstra University’s School of Health Professions and Human Services is seeking an anticipated full-time, clinical Assistant/Associate Professor and Director of Clinical Education in the new and developing Doctor of Physical Therapy program.
Hofstra University is located on Long Island, 25 miles east of New York City in Nassau County. The University enrolls approximately 12,000 graduate and undergraduate students. The School of Health Professions and Human Services is home to four flourishing departments: Allied Health and Kinesiology; Population Health; Speech-Language Hearing Sciences; and Counseling and Mental Health Professions.
The Director of Clinical Education is responsible for the planning, coordination, administration, and monitoring of the clinical component of the physical therapy program.
• Develop, administer, and direct the clinical education component of the DPT curriculum.
• Set standards of performance for classroom and clinical instruction.
• Develop, implement, review and analyze program evaluation and outcome mechanisms relating to clinical instruction and readiness.
• Develop strong clinical partnerships by enlisting clinical education sites across a variety of patient populations and practice settings.
• Ensure that the clinical education component of the curriculum maintains compliance with CAPTE, federal/state regulations, institutional policies, and placement site policies.Qualifications:
Successful candidates for the position of Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor and Director of Clinical Education will possess the following:
• An earned academic doctoral degree from an accredited university (i.e., PhD, EdD, DSc) is preferred.
• Must be a Physical Therapist who is licensed in the United States. Must be eligible for, or currently possess physical therapy licensure in New York State.
• Active membership in the American Physical Therapy Association.
• A minimum of 3 years full-time (or equivalent) of post-licensure clinical practice, and a minimum of 2 years’ clinical practice as a Clinical Coordinator of Clinical Education and/or a Clinical Instructor, or 2 years’ experience in teaching, curriculum development and administration in a PT program
• Knowledge of, and experience with, physical therapy accreditation criteria (CAPTE) related to the clinical education curriculum and state agency regulations is preferred. Familiarity with the details of clinical education and practicum site establishment is preferred.
• Demonstrated record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, service, and clinical research.Application Instructions:
Hofstra University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and retirement plan. Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted until the position is filled.
For consideration, please email a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy and goals, and the names and contact information of three references to:[email protected]
with the subject line “Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor and Director of Clinical Education for Physical Therapy”Voluntary Self-IdentificationAll applicants are invited to complete the three (3) voluntary self-identification formsDeadline:
Open until filledDate Posted: