Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor and Director of Clinical Education for Physical Therapy
- Hofstra University
- Hempstead, NY
- Faculty Jobs
- Health & Medical, Allied Health, Exercise Science & Kinesiology, Professional Fields, Business & Management
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Hofstra University is located on Long Island, 25 miles east of New York City in Nassau County. The University enrolls approximately 12,000 graduate and undergraduate students. The School of Health Professions and Human Services is home to four flourishing departments: Allied Health and Kinesiology; Population Health; Speech-Language Hearing Sciences; and Counseling and Mental Health Professions.
The Director of Clinical Education is responsible for the planning, coordination, administration, and monitoring of the clinical component of the physical therapy program.
• Develop, administer, and direct the clinical education component of the DPT curriculum.
• Set standards of performance for classroom and clinical instruction.
• Develop, implement, review and analyze program evaluation and outcome mechanisms relating to clinical instruction and readiness.
• Develop strong clinical partnerships by enlisting clinical education sites across a variety of patient populations and practice settings.
• Ensure that the clinical education component of the curriculum maintains compliance with CAPTE, federal/state regulations, institutional policies, and placement site policies.
The School of Health Professions and Human Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body. We especially encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities to apply.
Qualifications:Successful candidates for the position of Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor and Director of Clinical Education will possess the following:
• An earned academic doctoral degree from an accredited university (i.e., PhD, EdD, DSc) is preferred.
• Must be a Physical Therapist who is licensed in the United States. Must be eligible for, or currently possess physical therapy licensure in New York State.
• Active membership in the American Physical Therapy Association.
• A minimum of 3 years full-time (or equivalent) of post-licensure clinical practice, and a minimum of 2 years’ clinical practice as a Clinical Coordinator of Clinical Education and/or a Clinical Instructor, or 2 years’ experience in teaching, curriculum development and administration in a PT program
• Knowledge of, and experience with, physical therapy accreditation criteria (CAPTE) related to the clinical education curriculum and state agency regulations is preferred. Familiarity with the details of clinical education and practicum site establishment is preferred.
• Demonstrated record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, service, and clinical research.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated a commitment to promoting equity, diversity and inclusion in an educational environment.Application Instructions:Hofstra University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and retirement plan. Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted until the position is filled.
For consideration, please email a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy and goals, and the names and contact information of three references to:
[email protected] with the subject line “Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor and Director of Clinical Education for Physical Therapy”
Voluntary Self-IdentificationAll applicants are invited to complete the three (3) voluntary self-identification formsDeadline:Open until filledDate Posted: 09/24/2021Posting Number: 243110
Working at Hofstra University
Hofstra University is a dynamic private university where students will benefit from large-university resources and thrive within a small college atmosphere. At Hofstra, students can choose from 155 undergraduate and 170 graduate program options within the Frank G. Zarb School of Business; Hofstra College of Liberal Arts and Sciences: the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs; School of Humanities, Fine and Performing Arts; School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics; the Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine at Hofstra University and Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies at Hofstra University; Hofstra University Continuing Education; Honors College; Lawrence Herbert School of Communication; Maurice A. Deane School of Law; School of Education; School of Engineering and Applied Science; and School of Health Professions and Human Services. Students also benefit from small classes (student-to-faculty ratio of 13-to-1 and an average undergraduate class size of just 21 students), flexible schedules, and close proximity to the cultural and networking aspects of New York City.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert