Title:Director, Health Services Position ID Number:1985 Posted Date:09/24/2021 Job Category:Staff Department:Health & Wellness Center - HHWC Position Status:Full-Time Staff Salary Range:$76,245 - $95,306 Position Summary:
Who we are
If you want to join a values-driven organization that transforms the lives of students, Anne Arundel Community College is the place for you. We provide opportunity for faculty and staff to meet the needs of a diverse student body. Every move we make is done with the intention of helping our students achieve academic excellence and remain engaged with their educational goals. Innovation and creativity are at the center of what we do at AACC. We’re looking for forward-thinking individuals who are ready to thrive and grow with us to join our team.
We have a great opportunity for you
We also want someone who understands and supports equity and fairness in the workplace, and the positive impact those standards can have on an organization.
More specifically, the Director of Health Services is responsible for ensuring that Anne Arundel Community College Health Services enhances the educational process by; mitigating health-related barriers to learning, promoting optimal wellness, cultivating the development of self-care abilities, and empowering students and employees to be self-directed and informed consumers of health and wellness services. In addition, the Director is responsible for all administrative, office management, and budgetary functions for Health Services. The Director is also responsible for hiring and supervising all employees of Health Services, providing direct nursing services, health and wellness outreach activities, and maintaining a directory of community health and wellness referrals facilitating healthcare access for all members of the campus community. The Director will serve as a member of the College's Emergency Management Team and assist with the development, review and implementation of infectious disease protocols. The manager works directly with the AACC Police and Public Safety office to provide emergency medical response on campus.
Anne Arundel Community College (AACC) is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administrators, and staff members. The college seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, embrace concepts of equity and inclusiveness, and support the equal rights of all people by advancing the understanding and appreciation of differences including age, race, gender, ability, religious convictions, socio-economic status, ethnic heritage, or sexual orientation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
What you will do in this role
• Identify and assess departmental goals and objectives that reflect college plans and initiatives.
• Research, identify, recommend and oversee a contract between the college and a consulting physician.
• Consult and liaison with the physician as needed.
• Develop and implement Health Services procedures and guidelines
• Manage data collection, assessment, and reporting requirements
Community outreach and collaboration
• Serve as a college representative on local community and governmental health-related coalitions, advisory councils, and commissions.
• Identify, craft and administer grants to augment the Health Services operating budget
• Collaborate with local community and government health-related agencies to enhance services to the campus population, such as HIV testing, condom distribution, blood drives and tobacco cessation.
• Develop Health Services resources through grants, partnerships, donations and fundraising programs as needed and appropriate
• Market and publicize Health Services to students and employees.
• Maintain an inventory of medical supplies, including OTC and Rx medication, first aid /emergency supplies,
• Maintain a current and comprehensive directory of local health and wellness services/resources
• Assess and respond to the health needs and interests of the college community.
• Stock, distribute and maintain campus first aid kits (specialized requirements are the units' responsibility)
• Offer screenings such as blood pressure, glucose, and P.P.D., to students and employees
• Ensure the availability best practices first aid and emergency health care to campus community
• Collaborate with the Department of Public Safety for medical emergency response.
• Collaborate with Disability Support Services to meet the physical/medical needs of students with disabilities.
• Collaborate with Counseling Services to meet the emotional/mental needs of students in crisis
• Recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate Substance Abuse Education Office Coordinator, OVW Grant Coord and other grant positions in H&WC, hourly nursing staff, and Federal Work-study Students.
• Ensure all required hiring forms complete- including W4, MW507, and I-9
• Develop and maintain job descriptions for Health Services positions
Campus Outreach/Health Promotion
• Identify and/or produce current evidence based health information for distribution to the campus community.
• Facilitate learning experiences for students enrolled in programs with Service Learning requirements
• Assess and respond to the health needs and interests of the college community.
• Plan and implement best practices, healthy lifestyle activities to promote knowledge and skill development
• Administer all aspects of the functions of the office of Health Services, including preparing, managing and monitoring the annual Health Services budget including grant funding.
Interpersonal Violence Resource
• Serve as campus reporting resource
• Provide referrals, support, and information to assist victims of IPV
• Coordinate and promote annual educational and informational programming and literature distribution concerning sexual and personal assault for students, faculty and staff in cooperation with the Department of Public Safety.
Emergency Management Response Team
• Serve as a member of the College's Emergency Management Response Team.
• Provide support, referrals, information and assistance with the development and implementation of infectious disease protocols, including but not limited to symptom screening, contact tracing and case management. The percentage of time required may vary depending on the state of COVID-19 or other infectious diseases.
What you will bring to this position
MD Registered Nurse License
Minimum five years of relevant experience.
Minimum of three years of nursing experience with managing healthcare emergencies
BLS CPR certification
Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with a diverse student population, faculty, staff, governmental and community agencies and the public.
Willingness and ability to participate actively in a plan of professional development to enhance and maintain currency in relevant skills and knowledge.
And maybe a little of this too (our preference, but not required)
Master's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a health related field
One year of demonstrated experience in organizing and conducting health-related training, workshops and health education programming.
Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service
Demonstrated supervisory skills; some supervisory experience strongly preferred.
Demonstrated experience with case management procedures and protocols.
We love our benefits, and you will too!
AACC offers robust benefits such as generous paid leave (annual, sick, holiday, bereavement, spring and winter breaks), affordable health care plans, free dental and vision plans for full-time employees, Maryland State Pension System and/or other optional retirement plans that include employer contributions, disability leave, free AACC tuition for employees and eligible dependents, and tuition reimbursement for employees taking job-related courses at other institutions. AACC also encourages a healthy work/life balance and offers a variety of wellness programs and free use of the gym. Staff and faculty enjoy free parking as well.
Hours Per Week:40 Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae