Faculty/Academic StaffMajor Administrative Unit / College:
College Of EducationDepartment:
Ced International Studies In Education 40001059Sub Area:
FAS- Fac./Acad StaffSalary:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceLocation:
Education/Training, Fixed Term Academic Staff, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union
Michigan State University (MSU) is seeking applications for a Chief of Party for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded project in Malawi. The project will support partnerships among U.S. and Malawian Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) to expand a skilled and employable workforce. The activity will strengthen the human and institutional capacities of Malawian HEIs to design and deliver market-linked academic courses and programs, increase access to quality targeted higher education programs, including Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) programs, and increase research and innovation outputs. The position will be based in Lilongwe, Malawi.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Masters -Education, Economics, Public Administration
- Higher education (Masters, or Doctorate degree) in Education, Economics, Public Administration, Business Administration, International Development, or a STEM-related field with at least eight years of relevant experience including at least three years as a COP or senior manager of projects of similar scope and complexity.
- Demonstrated track record of achieving results in higher education system reform (e.g., improvements in accessibility, quality, research management, and the school to work transition), workforce development, and private sector engagement.
- Significant experience in youth development/empowerment.
- Significant experience working in a managerial position on an educational development project, with administrative and/or technical oversight that includes preparation of work plans and budgets.
- Significant experience working with the private sector to improve the quality of higher education instruction and curriculum.
- Strong team building and management skills, and excellent communication skills.
- PhD in a field relevant to youth development or empowerment.
- Experience working to improve vulnerable populations higher education matriculation, retention and completion.
- Strong background in gender issues around HEI access, support and completion.
- 10 years experience working in a managerial position on an educational development project.
Required Application Materials
Cover letter, resume, and list of references
Together-we-will StatementThe university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Please apply on the MSU Careers website with a cover letter, resume, and list of references. The position will remain open until filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project.
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Review of Applications Begins On
Michigan State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Michigan State University is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The university actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Sep 24, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Sep 24, 2023 Eastern Daylight Time