PG191218EPInternal Recruitment :
IT Security Professional IAnticipated Hiring Range:
$70,000 - $80,000Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pmJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Technology Support ServicesAbout the Department:
Technology Support Services (TSS) provides a variety of technology support and consulting services for the NC State University campus community. Major service areas include:
- The NC State University Help Desk which provides support desk services for OIT and other campus IT service providers. These services are delivered to all university students, employees, and other affiliates (applicants, retirees, parents, etc.)
- Managed desktop environments for Windows and Macintosh workstations (OIT Managed Desktop)
- Design, implementation and ongoing support for campus learning spaces (ClassTech)
- Student-focused computing (ResNet, OIT Walk-in Center, student labs, printing)
- IT service management process support and tools (ServiceNow)
- Hosted server and application services
- Support for secure research computing environments
- Enabling services for Windows workstations.
The Security Incident Response Analyst will be responsible for providing IT security services to university users. Working with senior security analysts to deliver high-quality first tier security response support, the analyst will perform multiple assigned technical tasks including monitoring, research, and analysis of security tools and tickets. Other responsibilities include the development and use of inter-operational processes and procedures to incorporate data from security tools and user information to identify, assess, and resolve security threats and vulnerabilities. These types of threats include but are not limited to phishing, ransomware, malware, compromised accounts, and hosts, etc.
The Security Incident Response Analyst serves as a Tier 1 point of contact for security incidents for the NC State Help Desk and the Office of Information Technology (OIT) and is responsible for monitoring ticket queues and addressing service requests. The employee in this position will work with senior Security & Compliance staff to monitor security-related incidents, identify trends, and escalate as appropriate. Essential Job Duties:
The IT Security Professional I responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform operational security duties in support of security rules and procedures based on university policies, state and federal requirements, and contractual obligations
- Assist in the triage of incoming security events
- Act as an escalation point for IT security incidents
- Provide direction and guidance on available security services and tools. Monitor current trends, make recommendations and evaluate solutions to close gaps in security processes.
- Collaborate with the NC State Help Desk Staff to identify process improvements, create documentation, and new procedures relating to security related events and support.
- Assist in promoting cyber security awareness, solutions, and guidance to the campus community. Provide operational assistance to support the roadmap projects and cooperatively work with team members to meet common goals.
Other duties as assigned.Minimum Education and Experience:
Entry-level with Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of relevant experience.Other Required Qualifications:
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. An ability to study computer systems, user behavior, and assess any potential risks and identify possible solutions.
- Understand the IT controls available to enforce the CIA (confidentiality, integrity, availability) tenets of authentication & authorization. Have a familiarity with University Policies, Rules, and Regulations to evaluate risk and develop solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, be detail oriented and customer focused on functioning effectively in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with IT security standards such as ISO 27002, NIST 800-53, PCIDSS, HIPAA, etc is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of security tools such as vulnerability scanning, sensitive data discovery, and file integrity monitoring.
N/ARequired License(s) or Certification(s):
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
09/24/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open until filledPosition Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Mandatory - Fire/Explosions, Mandatory - Medical Emergencies, Mandatory - Hazardous Material Incidents, Mandatory - Transportation Accidents, Mandatory - Evacuations/Natural Hazards, Mandatory - Utilities/Infrastructure Failure, Mandatory - Threats of Violence/Terrorism/Interpersonal Emergencies, OtherIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
513001 - Technology Support ServicesAA/EEO:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.