The One-Stop Center will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Fridays, and 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Saturdays. Full-time hours will be equivalent to 40 per week, with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break. Specific hours to be determined with supervisor as workload and needs of our customers and work areas change. Occasional evening and/or Saturday hours may be assigned on a permanent or rotating basis as customer needs require.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate the admissions and enrollment process for students to NTC programs, including assisting students with application & testing, determining program readiness, processing program acceptance, and corresponding with applicants.
- Provide back-up to Career Coach and Advising teams. Communicating with students, collaborating on enrollment projects, connecting students with their advisor, and filtering student questions.
- Provide individual, personalized communication and follow-up with applicants.
- Ensure program admission information is accurate, current, and reflects regular updates.
- Monitor program enrollment and capacities; correspond regularly with applicants regarding their admission status and enrollment deadlines.
- Communicate regularly with Testing Center, College Prep Center, and Records Department regarding students’ application status.
- Manage supplementary documentation required for admission processing (post-secondary and high school transcripts, test scores, etc.).
- Manage applications from submission through matriculation using Perceptive Content and PeopleSoft software, including application workflow management.
- Collaborate with IT department on technology upgrades/testing, development of process efficiencies, and troubleshooting.
- Attend Student Services/Learning Collaboration and Faculty team meetings as appropriate. Take and distribute minutes from collaboration meetings.
- Serve as an initial customer service contact for Student Services: Assess individual student needs and provide individual/direct assistance to students in applying to the college, enrolling in classes, collecting documents, and helping them understand the appropriate forms, processes, and procedures for Enrollment Services (Admissions, Registration, and basic Financial Aid inquiries). Assist in processing the same as requested or required.
- Make referrals to other departments & schedule appointments by phone/in-person or refer students to walk-in sessions.
- Register students in person, via telephone, and hard copy registration on an ongoing basis in rapid yet accurate manner, including special student populations (Workforce Training & Professional Development, Public Safety, Continuing Education, and K-12). Provide follow-up communication and process supplementary paperwork.
- Answer incoming calls for the Registration Office. Processing payments for callers when appropriate. Provide back-up to other Student Services departments as requested and appropriate.
- Assist with general admission inquiries: phone, email, chat, and in-person.
- Assist with receptionist duties, including answering the switchboard and advising appointment call center, greeting and directing customers, scheduling appointments, and general office duties.
- Assist in maintaining accurate student records/files.
- Perform administrative duties and provide support to Student Services departments including but not limited to data entry (client reporting, CRM data entry, registration processing), query management, student correspondence, PeopleSoft and Lotus Notes updates (bio/demo updates, email group maintenance).
- Participate in appropriate professional development opportunities.
- This listing is not inclusive of all duties and responsibilities, which may be assigned but are only listed as typical. Any other duties and responsibilities assigned will be of a similar nature requiring the same relative skills and capabilities.
- One year of postsecondary appropriate to the position responsibilities, or equivalent knowledge and skills gained through occupational experience, or an equivalent combination of postsecondary education and occupational experience.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, understanding of computer systems, ability to work with and train a diverse staff, confidentiality, accuracy in work with independent judgment and initiative, and courtesy and tact in dealing with students and staff.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office Suite, and database systems.
- Demonstrated ability to learn other software as appropriate.
- Minimum typing proficiency is 45 gross words per minute.
- Must be able to use PC/networks (software), copy machine, fax machine, telephone, and other related technical tools.
- Must be able to quickly learn new skills (PeopleSoft functions) to become proficient in job and keep up-to-date.
- Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in using computer technologies including Word, Excel, and Access.
The duties and responsibilities listed are intended to describe the essential functions of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
6 to 8 hours: Grasping, performing repetitive movements, sitting, twisting and working indoors
4 to 5 hours: None
1 to 3 hours: Bending, reaching, standing and walking
Less than 1 hour: Balancing, climbing, crawling, driving, kneeling, pulling, pushing, working at heights, working in temperature extremes and working outdoors
Lifting and Carrying:
Less than 10 pounds: 10-15 repetition(s) per hour
10 to 20 pounds: Less than 1 repetition(s) per hour
20-50 pounds: Less than 1 repetition per hour
50-100 pounds: Less than 1 repetition per hour
More than 100 pounds with help: Less than 1 repetition per hour
Additional Physical Requirements:
Vision: Adequate with aid to read instructions, labels, documents, computer screens, and differentiate between colors. Hearing: Adequate with aid to understand oral requests, telephone conversation, and PA systems.
Safety and Training Programs as an Employee:
Required training: Emergency eye wash, emergency procedures, ergonomics (office/workplace) and slips, trips and falls.