Posting Number (Application):
Adjunct Pool for Professor of Respiratory TherapyDepartment:
Respiratory TherapyEmployee Classification:
$80.63 PER HOUROpen Date:
02/08/2021Initial Screening Date:
06/30/2021Open Until Filled:
THIS IS A TEMPORARY, HOURLY AS NEEDED POSITION WITHOUT PERMANENT STATUS.
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview.Application Procedure:
Apply between February 8, 2021 until June 30, 2021. Applicants must submit all of the following materials online to be considered for this position:
1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application (http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu)Health & Welfare:
2. A detailed résumé that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
3. A minimum of one letter of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation).
4. College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
5. Candidates not holding the stated required qualifications who are requesting consideration based on an equivalency, will be asked to answer some supplemental questions to be considered
Not applicable.Major Duties and Responsibilities:
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepare lessons and lesson plans relative to the course of study (Respiratory Therapy and Medical Terminology)Required Qualifications:
2. Present curriculum, lectures, demonstrations, and laboratory supervision as indicated by curricular directives
3. Review assessment data and adjust curriculum and instructional methodologies to improve student learning
4.Participate in the evaluation of students, classroom, or instructional methodologies
5. Maintain records of attendance, academic progress, and laboratory performance
6. Provide timely summary grade records to registrar and/or assigned records personnel
7. Assure student conformance to campus expectations. Maintain class discipline.
8. Offers students additional tutoring outside class time. Refers students to appropriate campus resources.
A.The minimum of one of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution:
1. Any bachelor’s degree or equivalent foreign degree AND two years of professional experience directly related to the faculty member’s teaching assignment;
2. Any associate degree or equivalent foreign degree AND six years of professional experience directly related to the faculty member’s teaching assignment; OR
3. California Community College credential authorizing service as an instructor in the appropriate discipline; OR
4. The equivalent (please answer supplemental questions regarding an equivalency request, AND
B.Commitment to the community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for students with diverse abilities and interests; personal qualities to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment; awareness and commitment to the special needs of non-traditional studentsPreferred Qualifications:
1. Communicate effectively to students orally and in writingLicense(s) & Other Requirements:
2. Coordinate clinical practice to didactic and curricular standards and theory whenever possible
3. Supervises student conduct in the classroom and lab, on the campus, and clinical setting
4. Must be a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NRBC); must be licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) by the Respiratory Care Board of California
Employees may periodically be required to operate a vehicle that necessitates possession of a valid California driver’s license.
Such employees must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid California driver’s license.Equivalencies:
All candidates not holding the stated minimum qualifications who are requesting consideration based on an equivalency, must complete the Equivalency Determination Supplemental Form or answer the supplemental questions regarding an equivalency request.Conditions of Employment:
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been live scanned and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for live scan services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees – The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: https://www.mtsac.edu/safety/pdf/asr_2018.pdf
The person holding this position is considered a ‘Responsible Employee’ under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the College’s Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.Special Notes:
Please note: A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: [email protected]
DO NOT include photographs or any personal information (e.g. D.O.B, place of birth, etc.) on your application or supporting documents.
THE MT. SAN ANTONIO COLLEGE DISTRICT WILL NOT SPONSOR ANY VISA APPLICATIONS.Foreign Transcripts:
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline.Inquiries/Contact::
For more details about this position, please contact:
Department Chair: Mary-Rose WiesnerSelection Procedure::
E-mail: [email protected]
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Interviews may include a writing sample, committee presentation, and/or performance test. The number of vacancies is dependent on student enrollment, College resources and needs.Special Instructions to Applicants:
The Confidential Letters of Recommendation Portal is NOT available for this position.EEO Policy::
It is the policy of Mt. San Antonio College that harassment is prohibited and that all persons shall receive equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, age (over 40), medical condition (cancer), mental disability, physical disability (including HIV & AIDS), marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran Status. This nondiscrimination policy covers Family and Medical Care Leave and Pregnancy Disability Leave. Contact the Office of Human Resources if you need any special accommodations to complete the application process at 909.274.4225.
Mt. San Antonio College is an Equal Opportunity EmployerConflict of Interest:
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio College’s Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).Cancel RTF Policy::
We reserve the right to re-open, re-advertise, delay or cancel filling this position.
This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.