Posting Number (Application):
Adjunct Pool for ACCESS CounselorDepartment:
$52.41 PER HOUR based on lecture hour equivalent taught (Adjuncts are placed on salary schedule)Open Date:
06/30/2022Open Until Filled:
THIS IS A TEMPORARY, HOURLY AS NEEDED POSITION WITHOUT PERMANENT STATUS.
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview.Application Procedure:
Application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; the position will be posted until 11:59 p.m. (PST) June 30, 2022.
Applicants must submit all of the following materials online at https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu to be considered for this position:
1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application.
2. A cover letter indicating how duties and responsibilities, required qualifications and preferred qualifications are met.
3. A detailed résumé that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
4. A minimum of one (1) letter of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation or any of the required documents).
5. College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
6. Candidates not holding the stated required qualifications who are requesting consideration based on an equivalency will be asked to answer some supplemental questions.Health & Welfare:
Not applicable.Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide counseling services to students with disabiliites.Required Qualifications:
2. Review special education, medical, and mental health documentation to determine eligiblity for the ACCESS program. 3. Determine appropriate accommodations for students with disabilities.
4. Develop abbreviated and comprehensive educational plans for students with disabilities
5. Assist students with disabilities in connecting with other supportive services within ACCESS and make referrals to other campus based programs based upon the student’s needs.
6. Participate in departmental outreach activities including those addressing incoming college students.
A. The minimum of one of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution:
1. Master’s degree in rehabilitation counseling; OR
2. Master’s degree in counseling, guidance counseling, student personnel, clinical or counseling psychology, education counseling, social work, career development, marriage and family therapy or in marriage, family and child counseling and possession of a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT); and either 15 or more semester units in upper division or graduate level course work related to people with disabilities, or completion of six semester units, or the equivalent of a graduate-level counseling practicum or counseling field work courses, in a post-secondary Disabled Students Programs and Services program or in a program dealing with people with disabilities, or two years of fulltime experience, or the equivalent, in one or more of the following:
(A) Counseling for students with disabilities
(B) Counseling in industry, government, public agencies, military or private social welfare organizations in which the responsibilities are for persons with disabilities, or the equivalent; OR
3. The equivalent (if requesting an equivalency, please answer the supplemental questions); OR
4. California Community College credential, “Valid for Life” (no longer issued), authorizing service as an instructor in the appropriate discipline; refer to Ed Code § 87355. (If meeting qualifications with this credential, a copy of the valid lifetime credential must be submitted with the application.)
B. Commitment to the community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for students with diverse abilities and interests; personal qualities to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment; awareness and commitment to the special needs of non-traditional students;Preferred Qualifications:
1. Communicate effectively to students orally and in writing.Equivalencies:
2. Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
3. Sensitivity to cultural and linguistic diversity.
Candidates not holding the stated required qualifications who are requesting consideration based on an equivalency will be asked to answer some supplemental questions.Conditions of Employment:
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been fingerprinted and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for fingerprinting services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees – The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: https://www.mtsac.edu/safety/pdf/asr_2018.pdf
The person holding this position is considered a ‘Responsible Employee’ under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the College’s Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to them about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.Special Notes:
Please note: A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: [email protected]
DO NOT include photographs or any personal information (e.g. D.O.B, place of birth, etc.) on your application or supporting documents.
THE MT. SAN ANTONIO COLLEGE DISTRICT WILL NOT SPONSOR ANY VISA APPLICATIONS.Foreign Transcripts:
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline.Inquiries/Contact::
For more details about this position, please contact:
ACCESS Department Co-Chair: Tim EngleSelection Procedure::
E-mail: [email protected]
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities and other job-related criteria as listed in the job posting. Interviews may include a writing sample, presentation, teaching demonstration and/or performance test.Special Instructions to Applicants:
The Confidential Letters of Recommendation Portal is NOT available for this position.EEO Policy::
It is the policy of Mt. San Antonio College that harassment is prohibited and that all persons shall receive equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, age (over 40), medical condition (cancer), mental disability, physical disability (including HIV & AIDS), marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran Status. This nondiscrimination policy covers Family and Medical Care Leave and Pregnancy Disability Leave. Contact the Office of Human Resources if you need any special accommodations to complete the application process at 909.274.4225.
Mt. San Antonio College is an Equal Opportunity EmployerConflict of Interest:
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio College’s Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).Cancel RTF Policy::
We reserve the right to re-open, re-advertise, delay or cancel filling this position.
This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.