Posting Number (Application):
Adjunct Pool for Professor of PsychologyDepartment:
Psychology, EducationEmployee Classification:
$80.63 PER HOUR based on lecture hour equivalent taught (adjuncts are placed on salary schedule)Open Date:
06/30/2022Open Until Filled:
THIS IS A TEMPORARY, HOURLY AS NEEDED POSITION WITHOUT PERMANENT STATUS. Application Procedure:
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview.
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; however, applications submitted by 11:59 p.m. (PST) on the listed Initial Screening Date are assured consideration. Health & Welfare:
Applicants must submit all of the following materials online, unless otherwise noted, at Mt.SAC Employment Website to be considered for this position:
1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application.
2. A cover letter describing how the applicant meets the required education and experience.
3. A detailed résumé that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
4. College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
5. Optional – Three (3) letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation). Confidential letters of recommendation are not allowed for this position.
Not ApplicableMajor Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teach courses in Psychology (particular need for expertise/teaching experience related to Statistics, Biopsychology, Developmental Psychology, and Research Methods).Required Qualifications:
2. Participate in learning outcome development and assessments.
3. Maintain scheduled office hour(s).
4. Perform related duties as assigned, including timely compliance with clerical and administrative responsibilities.
5. Late afternoon and/or evening assignments may be required.
6. Teaching assignments will be on campus (face to face), with the possibility of some distance learning courses.
7. Distance learning classes may only be assigned to candidates who have completed Mt. SAC’s certification for online instruction.
8. Be culturally responsive in interactions with a wide variety of diverse individuals throughout the campus community.
A. The minimum of one of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution: Preferred Qualifications:
1. Master’s in psychology; OR
2. Bachelor’s in psychology; AND
3. Master’s in counseling, sociology, statistics, neuroscience or social work; OR
4. The equivalent (if requesting an equivalency, please answer the supplemental questions included in the application); OR
5. California Community College credential, “Valid for Life” (no longer issued), authorizing service as an instructor in the appropriate discipline; refer to Ed Code § 87355. (If meeting qualifications with this credential, a copy of the valid lifetime credential must be submitted with the application.)
B. Commitment to the community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for students with diverse abilities and interests; personal qualities to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment; awareness and commitment to the special needs of non-traditional students.
1. Communicate effectively to students orally and in writing.Equivalencies:
2. Successful teaching experience in lower division college level psychology courses.
3. Successful teaching experience in Statistics, Biopsychology, Developmental Psychology, and Research Methods.
Candidates not holding the stated required qualifications who are requesting consideration based on an equivalency, will be asked to answer supplemental questions to be considered.Conditions of Employment:
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been live-scanned and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for live-scan services shall be borne by the candidate. Special Notes:
Notice to all prospective employees – The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: Mt. SAC Annual Security Report 2017
The person holding this position is considered a ‘Responsible Employee’ under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the College’s Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: [email protected]. Foreign Transcripts:
DO NOT include photographs or any personal information (e.g. D.O.B, place of birth, etc.) on your application or supporting documents.
THE MT. SAN ANTONIO COLLEGE DISTRICT WILL NOT SPONSOR ANY VISA APPLICATIONS.
Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline. Accredited evaluation agencies can be found on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services Website.Inquiries/Contact::
Contact Name: Selection Procedure::
Phone: (909) 274-
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview. Special Instructions to Applicants:
Interviews may include a writing sample, committee presentation, and/or performance test.
To be guaranteed consideration, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all required materials are received before the initial screening date and time indicated on the job posting. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. All application materials will become College property, will not be returned, and will not be copied. Please visit our employment website at Mt. SAC Employment Website to complete and submit your application for this position.EEO Policy::
The College is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (gender), age, sexual orientation, or the perception that a person has one or more of these characteristics.Conflict of Interest:
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio College’s Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).Cancel RTF Policy::
We reserve the right to re-open, re-advertise, delay, or cancel filling this position. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.