As a member of the University’s Maintenance team, the Electrician will work closely with the maintenance supervisor and director of campus operations to support all facility electrical related needs.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Install, maintain and repair electrical control, wiring, and lighting systems.
- Read technical diagrams and blueprints.
- Perform general electrical maintenance.
- Inspect transformers and circuit breakers and other electrical components.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues using appropriate of testing devices.
- Repair and replace equipment, electrical wiring, or fixtures.
- Follow National Electrical Code state and local building regulations.
- Circuit breaker corrective maintenance.
- Good knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems.
- Good knowledge of various test equipment.
- Keep accurate records of work performed and materials used.
- Report any and all maintenance issues to supervisor
- Perform other duties as requested
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- High school degree
- Completion of Electrical apprenticeship from accredited program.
- City of Reading Electrical license
- Knowledge of building codes, safety regulations, and safety practices
- Experience working as an electrician
- Deep electrical system, power generation and maintenance and repair knowledge required
- Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete projects unsupervised and unassisted
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to work in all types of weather/elements
- Over five years tradesman experience
- Ability to rank and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools used in the electrician trade
- Solid communications skills
- Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times.
- Valid driver’s license is required
- On call rotation on a regular basis to include nights and weekends as needed.
Contact: Human Resources
Posting Date: September 9, 2021