Job location: Maryland - Montgomery County Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R2843 Job Title
Senior Research Analyst (S03484)Job Description Summary
Montgomery College, Maryland, has an immediate need for a full-time Senior Research Analyst for the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness. The work schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm. This is a non-bargaining, exempt, grade 31 position. Montgomery College promotes and creates a working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness.
The Senior Research Analyst will procure, examine, analyze, interpret, and present data and information for decision-making purposes and enhance institutional effectiveness. This data and information are used to prepare and publish written analytical reports with decision-making implications to the College and external agencies. The analysis of this data and information is presented with relevant implications for the constituent groups.Job Description
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Utilizes knowledge of social science research and sources of available data, and proposes and implements appropriate research methodologies.
- Designs and conducts research studies to evaluate the current status of specific program areas and/or special programs, tracks trends over time and provides data and information for planning future directions.
- Designs and administers internal surveys and summarize and analyze results with implications for internal use and decisions.
- Utilizes appropriate statistical procedures and techniques to assure the accuracy of the extracted data from the Data Warehouse, and other data sources.
- Prepares research results, creates comprehensive reports including observations and implications, and presents results to constituents.
- Classifies incoming students according to the results of assessment testing or other criteria. Data is be extracted, transformed, analyzed for use in reports to Montgomery College constituents, the Maryland Higher Education Commission, Montgomery County government and the Montgomery County Public School system.
- Serves as a member of the Montgomery College Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in a social science related program such as Psychology and Sociology, Communications, Business or equivalent.
- Formal training in research design, statistics, presentation, analysis, and interpretation of data in context.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in querying and retrieving information from large databases, working with relational databases, and data analysis and presentation of results in tabular, narrative, and graphical formats.
- Demonstrated competence with statistical analysis software (SAS, SPSS or equivalent), Excel, Access, Power Point, Word and Publisher.
- Knowledge of principles of research design, parametric and non-parametric statistical analysis techniques.
- Consultative skills with internal and external constituents (e.g., administrators, faculty, staff, students, public school systems, colleges and universities, state and local government).
- Knowledge and ability to extract data and use appropriate data analysis procedures.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Prior work experience in a higher education environment working with academic and administrative constituents.
- Knowledge or experience in programming and SQL.
Initial salary placement $71,928 to $93,496 annually, commensurate with education and experience.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
- Participation in a retirement plan
Montgomery College is a welcoming community college committed to our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion; academic rigor and excellence; and to developing the talented workforce for a thriving Montgomery County. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
We invite applications from individuals who want to join us in our mission to provide an exceptional educational experience and foster academic and economic success in a synergistic environment. Employees of Montgomery College are integral to meeting this mission.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools, and classes.
Closing DateFriday, October 8, 2021