Job DetailsLevel UndisclosedJob Location Main Campus - Edmond, OKRemote Type N/APosition Type StaffEducation Level UndisclosedSalary Range $47,019.00 - $47,019.00 Salary/yearTravel Percentage UndisclosedJob Shift AnyJob Category UndisclosedDescription
Provide for campus safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property, enforcing motor vehicle and criminal laws, and promoting good community relations. Record facts to prepare reports that document incidents and activities. Monitor, note, report, and investigate suspicious persons and situations, safety hazards, and unusual or illegal activity in patrol area. Identify, pursue, and arrest suspects and perpetrators of criminal acts. Review facts of incidents to determine if criminal act or statute violations were involved. Render aid to accident victims and other persons requiring first aid for physical injuries. Investigate traffic accidents and other accidents to determine causes and to determine if a crime has been committed. Cooperate with other law enforcement officials.
Must have no less than sixty (60) credit hours of college course work (four year degree from an accredited University or College preferred) or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides knowledge of and exposure to fundamental theories, principles, and concepts. Must have a valid Oklahoma Driver's License. Must within six months of employment, complete and thereafter shall maintain in good standing, a diploma of certification as a Peace Officer from the Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training. Must successfully pass a written examination, review by an oral board, physical examination, polygraph examination, extensive background investigation, MMPI, and physical agility test. Requires the application of expertise in a chosen field to achieve results
This level is created by the Classification function in Human Resources, based on business need as determined by area leadership and approved by the appropriate Vice President, in accordance with university practices. Qualification: Requires a university degree in related field or 4+ years of equivalent work experience in chosen filed that provides knowledge of and exposure to fundamental theories, principles, and concepts. Requires the application of expertise in a chosen field to achieve results.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This position requires a physical. The physical requirements are:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly and 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and carry 200 feet.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and carry up/down 30 stairs.
- Ability to walk regularly for long periods of time across the campus.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to use and reach with hands and arms regularly.
- Ability to climb in high places using a ladder or balance frequently.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend and crawl occasionally.
- Ability to push or pull dolly loaded with up to 120 pounds for 300 feet occasionally.
- Must have close, distance, and peripheral vision.
- Depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Pass PFT (pulmonary function test)